PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking maternity bathing suit

marinkitty
04-28-2007, 01:46 PM
With my two March babies I have never needed a maternity bathing suit, but we are headed for AZ next weekend and will be at the beach off and on all summer, so I have to find at least one, probably two, that will work for me.

Any suggestions for good places to try? I am very busty when pregnant so I need something that will give good support and probably would gravitate toward a tankini type suit over a one piece or bikini (is there even such a thing?).

At 15 weeks I'm shocked how much I'm already showing, and cannot imagine how I'm going to waddle around in a swimsuit in August! Help please!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.03), Jack (3.05) and another arrival expected this fall!

Radosti
04-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I got two tankini bathing suits from motherhood maternity when I was pregnant. One arrived right away and the other one was backordered. By the time the second one arrived, I never even ended up taking it out of the plastic, so it's still sitting there in a drawer somewhere. But the first one, I used a lot and it worked out great.

Looks like they have a lot of styles:
http://www.maternitymall.com/collection.asp?category_Name=1+piece+and+tankinis&Category_Id=1017&MasterCategory_Id=19&website_Id=1&Pageison=1

JdrKuhnert
04-29-2007, 12:33 AM
I bought a tankini from Old Navy when I was pregnant. A word of warning - I used it for pregnancy water aerobics and the top kept floating up during the exercises. It was really annoying and I wished that I had a one piece. I should also mention that I was huge towards the end.

I hope this helps.
Janda

ellies mom
04-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty busty also and the cups on the maternity styles were too small. I ended up with a regular old Nike swimsuit designed for more serious swimming. The material is a really good quality so it has a lot of give to it and it bounces back really well also. So well, that unfortunately, I could wear it for a year or two after DD was born.

ast96
04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Holly -- I have a tankini from Old Navy from Mason's pregnancy that I wore last weekend, and it is working for me and I am really big already at 24 weeks. I also bought a tankini at Target a month ago and it also is fitting so far -- but I am with you, I have no idea what I will be able to wear come July!

ilfaith
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I had this swimsuit from Target last summer...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/602-9790488-8800654?ie=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&asin=B000ITNR3K

...and wore it from my fourth month (on vacation in Miami) right up until giving birth in August. I thought it was actually one of the most flattering suits I ever owned, and if I could get a non-maternity version, I'd buy it.

C99
04-29-2007, 11:24 PM
>I bought a tankini from Old Navy when I was pregnant. A word
>of warning - I used it for pregnancy water aerobics and the
>top kept floating up during the exercises. It was really
>annoying and I wished that I had a one piece.

I borrowed an ON tankini and had the same experience!

babydogs3
05-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I just bought a really nice bathing suit at motherhood maternity. It was only about $35 and is really pretty (pink w/flowers). It's one piece because even though I normally wear tankini's I decided I wasn't brave enough to while pregnant.

~Christine~
Baby #1 due 11/7/07!!!
I sell premade scrapbook pages and custom albums. Email me for more info.