PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever buy something a little tight when you are losing weight?

KBecks
04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I tried on a cute skirt today that looked good but was obviously a little snug in the rear. It could be interpreted as snug in a, I've got a nice rear way, and I could sit in it.

I am half tempted to go back and get it, knowing I am exercising and will get smaller this summer. On the other hand, there will be other skirts.

Have you ever bought something a little tight? How did it work out? All my crop pants are 12s and they are not loose, but not yucky tight either. I'm hoping by end of summer they will be nice and roomy.

etaylor75
04-30-2007, 09:38 AM
I really wish I would have!! Last summer, I bought the most comfortable size of shorts and capris from JCrew thinking they'd last me a few summers. I started exercizing more, lost 15 lbs and now they're all too baggy on me...and my rear looks like a garbage bag in them :)

I should have bought the smaller size, not the most comfortable!

Erin

debsterchen
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Go for it! It's good motivation, when that skirt loosens up on you, you will smile.

I agree with the PP. I bought "comfortable" shorts one summer knowing I was a little heavy still after having given birth earlier in the year but those shorts are all too big and dumpy now. And after my second baby, I bought a pair of pants that were really tight, I felt, slightly uncomfortable, but now they fit well, a little bit loose and the difference is only about 3-5 pounds.

-Debbie

ellies mom
04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Yep, the capri pants I'm wearing right now. I bought them at the Title-Nine warehouse sale a month or so ago. They fit great now and with only 5 pounds to go, they should continue to fit. There is a pair of shorts I'm thinking about buying snug but that is a little more risky. I think I might wait until I lose a few more pounds and try them on then.

And (ok this a brag, bear with me) about seven years ago I bought a dress that was snug in the hips thinking I would lose the weight but I didn't and I never actually wore it as I just gained more weight. But now, it fits better than it ever did. So I guess it did work out eventually. Of course I have no shoes to match it anymore and not too many places to wear it but that is not the point. It fits.

saschalicks
04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Absolutely. Especially if I know that it's just a little snug. I am determined to lose weight so why buy something that won't fit in a month b/c it's too big, while the smaller one will last a lot longer. HTH

jvs195
05-01-2007, 07:17 AM
The items I buy that are too tight are the ones that are still in my closet with tags on them. Either I don't lose the weight or I don't like them on me when I do or I just rather reward myself when I do lose it and get something new. If you need it now and it's uncomfortable to wear then get what fits.

sambavi
05-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Yes, I did. In fact I bought a skirt in my 3rd month of pregnancy knowing fully well it wouldn't fit in a week or two but wanting to wear it after I had my baby :-) I ended up not wearing it until recently (my son is 10 months old now) when my waist went back to pre-pregnancy size. I felt so good that I could fit into it, it was so totally worth having bought it then!

ciaobella
05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I am having a HUGE dilemma on this very issue right now. I am going back to work next Monday and wanted to get a couple of new pairs of pants to help me get through the next couple of months as I lose the last 8 pounds or so of baby weight. Plus, even when all of the weight is lost, the remaining weight is not where it was pre-pregnancy. Many of my clothes fit but some fit snug, so I don't really want to buy more clothes that fit snug, iykwim.

I went to The Limited and they were having a 40% off sale on a lot of their suits. So, I decided to update my wardrobe and buy new black and khaki suits. The jackets and skirts I am not worried about from a size perspective, but the pants are where I am struggling. I ended up buying an 8 because they look really good on me now, even though the 6 fit. I just didn't like how the size 6 showed off my rear assets :) , even though they were not tight per se.

Anyhow, if I end up swimming in the pants then I will have them taken in (which is what I did after my first son was born) in a couple of months. I just hate to buy something a little tight ...

MommyAllison
05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I bought jeans after Thanksgiving that just fit, but were a bit tight. Now I'm a size smaller than the jeans. I guess thats good, but it is frustrating that none of my jeans fit right! I need to get pregnant so they will fit again. :)

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

kozachka
05-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I bought a pair of jeans that I could barely squize in but jeans tend to stretch. After the holidays and after DS weaned I could not button them up and was very disappointed. Long story short, I look really sexy in them these days but I could not wear them for almost a year. I also have things in my wardrobe that might fit one day. Wishful thinking, I know.