PDA

View Full Version : Urrrgh - frustrated ... new jeans have stretched out!

ciaobella
05-06-2007, 11:14 PM
So, I bought a new pair of curvy jeans from Gap Outlet. They are super cute and fit perfectly in the store and right out of the dryer but after an hour they are huge! I bought these as my "transition" jeans because my really expensive jeans still don't fit 11 weeks post partum (no surprise there!). What can I do? Should I try to exchange them (even though I have worn them)?

Thanks for your help!

hudsonam
05-07-2007, 07:38 AM
All of my Gap jeans have always been that way. They stretch out like crazy. I would try to return them and see what they say. And I recommend Calvin Klein Stretch Flare jeans. I got two pairs at Macys, and they are great. And they aren't really flared. just enough to balance out my hips and thighs. ;)

mommabear
05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I have had the same problen with old navy maternity and they took them back no questions asked. I would return them.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes, very common. A sales person there told me to choose the smaller sizes b/c if the stretch. Or, you could make sure you pick pairs without Lycra.

But, they have a pretty good return policy (or they did?). You could wear, wash, whatever for 2 weeks and return still. I'd return them. If you fit in the smaller size go for it.

Beth

JacksMommy
05-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Yes, try to return them. If you love the jeans, try the smaller size. I wear a size smaller in Gap Curvy Jeans cause of the stretch. I wouldn't give the stretch up, though, cause it makes them so comfy!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

ciaobella
05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I called the Gap Outlet and they said that I could exchange them, so that is what I am going to do. Thanks for the advice!

lovin2shop
05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Also, when you get a new pair, don't put jeans with lycra/stretch in the dryer. That breaks down the lycra and they completely stretch out. If you want to get the wrinkles out a bit, you can put them in for 5-10 minutes, but very low heat.