PDA

View Full Version : Ann Taylor Factory Stores?

s7714
05-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Do they carry the same clothing as the Loft stores, or do they do like so many other stores and have their own line just for the outlet? If it's different, how's the quality/pricing?

TIA!
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

C99
05-10-2007, 11:51 PM
>they do like so many other stores and have their own line just
>for the outlet?

Yep - that. The quality is about on par w/ the Loft, although the styling tends to be closer to regular AT -- suits, dresses and a few casual pieces.

theamazingtrace
05-10-2007, 11:57 PM
they have great end-of-season sales... i've bought many dresses (casual and semi-formals) for $10-20, tops and sweaters for $5-10.

debsterchen
05-11-2007, 04:09 PM
My SIL got a beautiful winter coat from AT Factory store just after Xmas for about $60 so I agree with the PP, lots of possible deals to be gotten there. Overall, styles are simple, more classic than AT Loft but quality lower than Ann Taylor. I usually find more styles I like at the Loft as compared with the Factory Store and if I choose to go classy/traditional, I prefer Ann Taylor even though it costs more.

-Debbie

wreckgirl1
05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I do always found some regular Ann Taylor items there (as well as some Ann Taylor Loft items), particularly on clearance, but the previous posters are right...the majority of the stuff is the just-for-outlet line.

Cynthia

StantonHyde
05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I just hit the outlet at our local outlet place and LOVED the clothes. traditional yet slightly trendy but not ridiculous prices. I got a great dress for a fancy occasion and a cute skirt/top combo. For casual clothes (date night clothes) I like something slightly trendy and don't want to pay much for it. For my work clothes, I hit Talbots and for my casual clothes I go to LL Bean because I beat the crap out of my clothes and they have to last (not to mention shed any number of stains from DC!!)

octmom
05-22-2007, 08:10 AM
I have always been lucky at AT Factory stores. I almost always find plenty of things to choose from and the prices are usually quite good. There always seems to be a sale of some sort whenever I go, which is not very often since the closest one is a couple of hours away from my home. I tend to buy more at the factory stores than I do at Loft. I like Loft stuff in general, but some of it is too trendy for me. I prefer the regular AT stores, but I have grown too cheap in my old age to buy anything there that is not on sale. :)

I haven't had quality issues with any of the clothes, but I try to be careful about which fabrics I select.

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06