PDA

View Full Version : Shoes and Swelling Feet

bonnie0128
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
So I've come to terms with the fact that I LIVE in my tennis shoes (Ryka KM7). I have very bad arches (flat) and wear custom made inserts. But now my feet have started swelling every day and by night time, I have "sock rings". My feet have also spread so I need new shoes (prob the next size up and maybe move to a wide width)...but I don't know what kind to get. My first instinct was to get my standard tennis shoes - but my friend tells me to get sandals so my feet won't be so restricted and hot (esp for summer). My reaction to that is "won't my feet just balloon even more?!" And I won't be able to wear my inserts so I'm afraid I'll start having foot trouble again with the lack of arch support.

Any suggestions?!

debsterchen
05-11-2007, 03:48 PM
How about a pair of Merrell slides like the Primo Vent

http://www.shoebuy.com/merrell-primo-vent/141792/328051

I have these and they are comfy and supportive (though I am not pregnant now or having foot swelling issues). I had a winter pair before too and I thought I saw a review where people said they put their inserts inside too. But I'm not sure.

If you can go without inserts, then you have alot more choice, maybe some Merrell thong shoes which will be cool and let your newly wide feet spread out. Good luck.

-Debbie

cpepper
05-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I would definetly stick with some you can wear your inserts with. I don't have a history of arch problems which were totally gone prepregnancy with a switch to good Dansko shoes at work. However at 8months pregnancy my arch problem has flaired up again. Now I can't even spend a few hours out of the good shoes. I also have alot of swelling in my feet and ankles. The style of shoe doesn't seem to make a difference. The only thing I notice that effects it is putting my feet up. Hope this helps you.