PDA

View Full Version : What items do you like from Boden for yourself??

jacksmomtobe
05-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I was wondering what items people liked from Boden, also are their swimsuits skimpy?? I love their kids stuff and found myself flipping through their recent woman's catalog. I liked a lot of the things however they aren't cheap so I want to be wise in choosing a few things (probably going to take advantage of a buy 4 things get 1 for a $1 deal). I'm eyeing mostly tops since I bought some basic shorts yesterday at ATL. I also think they bathing suits are cute however I'm not in primo shape so I'm not sure they'd give enough coverage but I like a few one pieces and the tank top tankini type style as well.

thanks!

UPDATE- I purchased the following:
The Crinkle Shirt - Just got it in the raspberry color, looks really cute
*Flowery Embroidered top - ended up returning it for different size and that size is on b/o but it looks like it will be nice.
*Hotchpotch top - also swapped sizes. great top.
*Canvas mini - I ended up getting this in a long, it still falls above the knee however I can bend, sit etc without flashing everyone. I just wore it today and I LOVE this skirt!

Overall I'm happy with my purchases!

Sugar Magnolia
05-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I really like their lightweight tops. I have one of each style (v-neck and gathered) and I want more. I also have a few of their everyday t's. I really like the fit of those as well.

I am probably going to get some more of both with the newest deal. I love the look of their swim suits too. I am afraid they won't fit right. I need a new suit (or 2) this summer.

mspersnickity
05-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I just recently ordered a few pair of pants to wear to work and I've been really pleased with them. I am finally coming to accept that I am a t-shirt and cardigan girl, so I decided to splurge on some pants that are a little more unique and fit well.

I'm not sure if I can justify another purchase, but I can "dream shop". :)

Thanks!

cmyk
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Tops:
Double Layer Tee - Like it. Very soft fabric. Ftted but not too clingy. The scoop neck is a bit lower than I normally like. The best thing about it is that the double layer smooths out lumps and bumps!

Everyday T-Shirt - Like this too.

Jersey Cardigans - I can't say how much I love these. I bought three from the fall line.

Crinkle Jersey Shirt - Nice fit and super soft fabric. However, it takes days for the shirt to dry. (You bunch it up in a ball and leave to dry to preserve the crinkles.)

Crinkle Vest & Tie Front Top - Very flattering fit and I love the coral color.

Hopscotch Top - Cute fabric combos, but top portion was too loose on me.

Favorite Tank Top - Just didn't do anything for me. Very soft material, though.

Bathing Suit:
Classic Vest Top - Did not offer enough support for me. But maybe I had ordered a size too large? Bikini Shorts - Not flattering on me, made my hips look wide.

Skirts:
Printed Swishy Skirt is the only one I tried this Spring. The Ketchup Vintage Vine print is really fun, although it does not color match other items labeled ketchup (like the Favorite Tank Top). I sent it back because it made my hips look big.

Shelley

jacksmomtobe
05-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the great info. Just wanted to add some of the items I'm thinking about in case anyone has more feedback.

*The Crinkle Shirt - though I'm bummed they only seem to have one pattern available.
*The Everyday Shirt - though I really loved a lot of the colors in the catalog but it looks like online that not many colors are available. Is there any chance to find it anywhere then? Will they restock at all??
*Flowery Embroidered top
*Chic Cotton Top
*Hotchpotch top
*Pretty Gypsy top - though this one may be too tight fitting for my liking.
*Canvas mini - though I may get this in a long.
*I like the classic vest swim top because I like the funky dot patterns though I'm not sure the classic bikini pants would provide enough coverage and I'm not sure the bikini shorts would be flattering.

In general I like t-shirt to be not too tight because I'm breastfeeding and I hate when I bf in public (though not that often) and I lift up my shirt and it ends up I'm showing the whole world my flabby side. I also prefer to wear a bra and not deal with straps. I also don't like anything too low but one piece is probably ok. I just really don't like wearing solids all the time and would love to add some patterns to my wardrobe so any other places to check would be appreciated. Overall I'm a bit sad as I look online that many of the items I was drooling over in the catalog aren't available in the colors I like ...though that may be a blessing for my waller! :)

nicknack
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I just ordered the pretty gypsy top, I'll post when it comes in. I would think that would be awesome for bf'ing. I think I sized up on that one.

cmyk
05-16-2007, 12:21 PM
>*The Everyday Shirt - though I really loved a lot of the
>colors in the catalog but it looks like online that not many
>colors are available. Is there any chance to find it anywhere
>then? Will they restock at all??

I would call their 800#. A CS rep can check their inventory. With the winter sale, some items listed as out of stock on their website, but I was still able to purchase b/c the rep located restocked returns.

jacksmomtobe
05-19-2007, 07:43 PM
I just rechecked their site and they have more stock in some items or at least allow you to order items that were previously sold out. I ordered
*The Crinkle Shirt - in the pinkish color
*Flowery Embroidered top - in beige
*Hotchpotch top - in coral rose hip
*Canvas mini - in mocha giant daisy.

I used their buy 3 get 1 item for a $1 promo (total still came to $195 :( ) but I'm not sure how it's going to work since in the fine print it says the items all have to ship by June 22nd which clearly isn't going to occur based on those dates though I was abe to place the order on the web. I posted about this but if anyone has any experience with this situation let me know. Hopefully the dates will move up. Has anyone seen that occur?

Thanks for the feedback!