PDA

View Full Version : Spanx Sizing

StantonHyde
05-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Due to the past rave reviews here, I bought the Spanx higher power (thigh to bra). I am 5'10" and usually wear a 12-14. The woman at Nordies said I should try a small. gulp. I did. They fit, I can breathe. I assume you want them as small as possible for max "smashing in" power. But if they are too tight do they create more bulges? I am wondering if I should have gotten the M. Anybody have experience trying diff sizes? TIA!!

jvs195
05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I am 5'8" and wear 12/14 too. I find the spanx to be softly stretchy not binding at any size. I haven't tried the higher power yet, and just ordered a L, but maybe should have sized down? I think because it covers more body there's not many places for the "extra" to go so you should be fine. You just might want to be sure you can sit and move around AND breathe. In the power panties I have a C and a D depending on how I feel that day. If it fits then go for it, just don't put in the dryer.

StantonHyde
05-20-2007, 11:28 PM
LOL--I moved all over the dressing room (nice thing about Nordies, they have big dressing rooms) and it does seem comfortable. I would have ordered a L too, so I was astonished at a S, but I guess it is ok. I am seriously thinking of going back to try on a M, just to see. It's just a long way from my house so I am hoping somebody else was smarter than me and tried on various sizes in the store.