PDA

View Full Version : Help...see-through top

SASM
05-28-2007, 10:00 AM
We are walking in a Komen BC walk this weekend and I do not fit inot the official t-short. So, I was hoping to find a pink maternity camisole for comfort. I found two, however, despite having the "built in bra", the areolas are still visible! :( Any ideas on how to camoflage (sp?) the girls? Any pasties or something to stuff in there that has worked for you? It is a really thin light pink material so it'll be obvious if I stick tissue or something in there. I would really like to wear this pink top, but if I cannot come up with something to hide things, I do have another option. :)

TIA (I hope.)!

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I would probably look for a shirt with thicker straps so you could wear a bra or get another tank to layer under it. I'm not too bothered by pretty bra straps showing so I usually wind up doing that if I am wearing a tank with spaghetti straps (I can't get away with just a built in shelf bra).

Beth

alleyoop
05-28-2007, 03:28 PM
I agree, find a pretty bra to wear under, or since it is a sports walk, how about a sports bra? Target has some sports bras in pink for about $16 that aren't super mashers. Search 'C9 sports bras' at Target.com. Some even have spagetti straps.

Good Luck on the walk!

SASM
05-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Thank you so much, ladies! I do actually have one of those sports bras from Target, way back from my running days. :) I have outgrown the largest size already. :( It is hard to find "cute" maternity/nursing bras in my size, even though I wouldn't necessarily call myself large. I can comfortably wear the camisoles with the built-in bras. I did find a pink tank top at either Old Navy or Motherhood but, honestly, they've been too much fabric for me in this heat and humidity. So...I am going to go with my alternate option ~ my brown strappy tank cami with my pink scarf from last year's walk tied around my middle. Pink and brown seem to work and it actually looks kind of cute together. I was just kind of hoping for more pink. :)