PDA

View Full Version : Where to get v-neck t-shirts in fun colors? How about JCrew?

VClute
05-29-2007, 06:57 AM
I just pulled the trigger on a big order of vneck t's (perfect fit) from JCrew - even though I've never bought from them before. Anyone have any experience with them? I should have asked first, but I was in a mood to shop, so I just DID it.

I used to be able to count on Old Navy for basic vneck t's, but all my fave colors were already sold out in my size. 100% cotton vneck ts are a wardrobe STAPLE for me - and I need some more! The Ann Taylor Loft (another old stand-by) color scheme this season is fugly, imo. I'd love some new ideas for online shopping! :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and Abigail Rose, born 4/7/07

AmyZ
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I like LLBean... I just ordered 2, but they were sold out in a lot of colors and sizes. :-( The best is the stain-repellent Tshirt -- my Abigail spit up earlier today and it practically rolled right off - and wiped easily with a wet wipe. I wish I had gotten more before they all sold out!

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Corie
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I just saw some at the Brooks Brothers outlet. There were some pretty
colors. I don't know if you have an outlet near you or you could try going
to a regular Brooks Brothers.

I really like women's Brooks Brothers clothing! But I am still an old preppy.

ellies mom
05-29-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't know how fun you will consider them, but I love the v-neck tees from Eddie Bauer.

Ceepa
05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I actually found a bright grass green and a soft yellow V-neck from the Gap outlet. They're really soft, but on the thinner side.

-Ceepa

emmiem
06-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I like the V neck tees from Chicos.
Michelee

Corie
06-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I just got back from Target and I bought 2 t-shirts. I prefer the crewneck
but they also had v-neck. Lots of colors available!! Both the crewneck
and v-necks are on sale.
The shirts are the Cherokee brand.

Normally priced at $8.99, on sale for $6.99.

I can't vouch for the quality yet since I just bought mine today. They are
in the washing machine as we speak. But, they feel very very soft!

I just thought for $6.99 that I would try them out.

VClute
06-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I like a nice deep v-neck, (my girls are the highlight of my figure, even when I'm NOT bf'ing!) and the JC ones had that, but the material was so THIN and it was clingy in all the wrong places... sigh... They all went back. I'm off to Target tomorrow!

Amy in NC

SnuggleBuggles
06-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I have had good luck with the Target ones in terms of fit but be warned that you get what you pay for. They won't last forever but they aren't terrible. :) I like them.

Beth

DebbieJ
06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I like the Croft and Barrow ones from Kohl's.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

VClute
06-06-2007, 07:11 PM
GAH! Please tell me I'm not going to have to go to the MALL to get some freakin' t-shirts!!

Amy in NC

Corie
06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't think the v-necks had a deep cut. Because I even thought about buying
the v-neck instead of the crew neck. And, I get all nervous about someone
seeing my girls. :)

bostonsmama
06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I just bought three of those Mossimo Black v-neck t's from Target. I love them...they're great. The material is a stretchier-than-normal cotton, but 100% cotton all the same, slightly thiner than Gap's Perfect T, but not see-through thin at all. The cut and fit on me is great, and if you buy the right size they will not cling in all the wrong places. BUT! It comes in a limited range of colors and the V-neck is not super deep. I don't know how "hootchie mama" you want it(LOL), but I don't think these will do it for ya. Gap has a very nice (plunging but not "hookerish") V-neck T, but they're a bit more $ and the contrast stitching on the neckline is not my preference. You might try the Old Navy V-necks from their perfect fit/T line. Again, not last-forever quality, but good fit and finish for the price. Banana Republic has some nice v-neck ts, but again in the $28-38 range each when not on sale. Good luck. I spent way too much money and time in the mall today hitting nearly every store...sigh...have fun!

spunkybaby
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
I just bought a bunch of v-neck ribbed t-shirts from Kohl's. I like the sonoma life+style brand. They are super cheap--normal price is $12, on sale for $5.99, and there's a 30% off code in the Bargains Alert forum that you can use with a Kohl's Charge, which brings the cost down to $4.19. I was able to get free shipping too although I don't see the offer on the website right now. Oh, and you can get 2% back from ebates too.

Comfy and have a bunch of colors. http://tinyurl.com/2ouauz

ETA: I just reread your post, and you might not like these since they don't have a very deep V-neck. Sorry!

Mom to a spunky preschooler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)