PDA

View Full Version : Update - help me choose between these 2 dresses

ciaobella
05-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Hmmm ... I was not able to edit my original post, so I decided to repost with the 2 dresses I found for our upcoming baptism and convalidation. Please help me choose. Thanks!

Ok, after several hours of shopping, I have narrowed it down to two dresses.

Dress 1 - Talbots

I think that I am leaning towards this dress, but only if I do not have to purchase a shrug / wrap for the service. Do you think this would be appropriate for the baptism and vow renewal WITHOUT a wrap? I think that it would look nicest for a family photo with my boys (DH and DS1 wearing navy blazers and DS2 wearing his batism outfit).

http://www1.talbots.com/talbotsonline/product/itempage.aspx?item=K102787&PFID=2803&BID=&h=M

Dress 2 - Ann Taylor

Fwiw, it looks much prettier in person than it does online. Also, it is off white and brown NOT black like it looks in the photo. My DH didn't like it online, but liked it on me in the store. If I go with this dress, I WILL buy a shrug to cover my shoulders since it is totally strapless. I can't find the link to the brown shrug that I would wear with it, but it fits the dress perfectly and is really a nice accent.

http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/outfit.jsp?ensembleId=1803&N=1200056&pCategoryId=194&categoryId=235&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_235&showAll=Y

Which do you think I would be able to wear again? Dress 1 seems like I could dress up or dress down which is a plus, but I still am not sure where I would be able to wear a white dress in the future. Dress 2 is a dressy dress and I think that I would be limited to wearing it to weddings, etc. Since I would buy the shrug (which is $68) for it, it is much more expensive (major con!)

Thoughts?

Thanks ladies!

SnuggleBuggles
05-30-2007, 08:50 AM
It is hard to think of an occasion for a white dress at first but I think it could be worn lots. You could put a colored cardigan over top of it to take break it up some. And you are right that #2 would probably be too dressy for day to day use though it could be worn to shows, nice dinners and special occasions.

I like both but I would probably pick #1. And I do not think you need a wrap for it.

Beth

katydid1971
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I would go with the Ann Taylor dress. I love strapless but I don't have the arms for it. I think it is a beautiful dress and it will stand out. That's my vote.
Sarah

katydid1971
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I would go with the Ann Taylor dress. I love strapless but I don't have the arms for it. I think it is a beautiful dress and it will stand out. That's my vote.
Sarah