PDA

View Full Version : Comfortable, durable, affordable pantyhoes -- just a myth?

littlebelle
05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Anyone been able to find any decent (and affordable) maternity pantyhoes? I found some at Pea in a Pod for $10 apiece, which, considering where I bought them, seemed like a decent deal, but the quality did NOT live up to my expectations... I bought four pairs, and every single one developed huge rips/holes in the seaming along the top/crotch area the very first time I wore them. I have to wear pantyhoes pretty much every day to work, and I'm at a loss as to where else to turn -- any advice?

kekane
06-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I telecommute so i don't have to deal with hose, but before I had that arrangement my plan was:

Wolford has stockings that are like the type you'd wear with a garter belt, but they've got this sticky gum stuff that holds them up great. I got them for my wedding and it was very convenient not to have to pull down hose to go to the bathroom! (currently at 7+ months I wouldn't want to deal w/that now either). And with this individual-leg arrangement the crotch/seam-ripping issue is moot.

In general Wolford is not cheap, actually rather expensive, but I figure if you get a run on one leg (i didn't), the other leg is still good -- so you'd need a replacement pair half as often. So I'd look at 1/2 their price when comparing to others.

And I haven't really put them to the test but my sense is they're more durable than others. There's also the breathability issue ...

(just looked on their site, not very user-friendly, no online store, but I think the current version of what i'm thinking of, unless i misunderstand the picture, is "absolute leg support stay up" -- and oddly it's under "support and control > legwear")

jvs195
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I found maternity pantyhose to be terrible. I ended up going up a size (not control top) in ones I get regularly at Nordstrom Rack. Also loved my support thigh highs from Ames Walker. I still wear them and have no runs. Not real cheap but there are sometimes sales or coupons.