PDA

View Full Version : Shoe help!

theamazingtrace
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Our family is going on our tour of China, and I'm not sure what type of shoes to wear. It's going to be very hot/humid, and I'll probably be wearing mostly capris and skirts, maybe some bermudas. I'm expecting to do a ton of walking. Any recommendations? Thanks!

ETA: What shoes would you have DC wear?

emmiem
06-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I was in China two years ago in August and it was still very very hot. I wore Ecco walking shoes on the plane but switched very quickly to Birkenstock sandals. I used them everywhere except the walking the Great Wall.
Michele

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
06-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I went to China and lived in my Teva knock-offs. Great for walking everywhere. We went to Disneyland recently, and I wore my Keen Venice H2's everywhere. The Keens give more foot protection, if you think you'll need it.

HTH

theamazingtrace
06-02-2007, 12:23 AM
thanks! i actually did a search on keens (after i posted this message!) and ended up buying some! i found my size at the rei outlet, and PM'ed at Zappos (the mary jane style, for about $49 or so). if they don't work out, at least Zappos has free returns! thanks, ladies! :) Would the keens work for the great wall, or should i bring a pair of tennies along specifically for that day? Oh, and should i bother bringing along my crocs? (I'm kind of embarassed to say I have the clogs, ballet flats, and mary jane styles... thanks to this board, haha)

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
06-02-2007, 10:37 AM
The Keens will be fine on the Great Wall. I wouldn't wear tennies in China - too hot! My feet swell when it gets hot, so I don't like to have them feel restricted.

rds97
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I just wore my Keen Amsterdams all over Europe (and it was hot!). Loved them. They were just as comfy as tennies, IMHO.

- Rebecca S.