PDA

View Full Version : Cami w/built in underwire bra

s7714
06-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I've been looking at the various camies with built in underwire bras on the market, because tanks with shelf bras just don't work for me after nursing two kids. ;) I haven't had much luck in finding reviews/opinions on any of them though, so I thought I'd ask here.

I have a Bali Behind the Scenes one, and while I like that it's not clingy or too tight in the midriff, the straps are a little too thick and bra like for me. Does anyone have a brand of tank w/underwire bra that they like a lot?

TIA,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

VClute
06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
A few years ago, I got some from Norm Thompson. http://www.normthompson.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=821&path=1%2C2%2C4%2C14%2C821

I liked the cottony ones better than the microfiber ones (they were a little too clingy for me) and I LOVED the halter top ones. I can't wear them now - nursing - but I look forward to getting back to them someday! :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and Abigail Rose, born 4/7/07

s7714
06-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I've seen those Perfect-Fit ones on a few sites and was eyeing them. Do you remember how they ran? Were they pretty true to size (in regards to the bra part) or did you need to size up/down on the band or cup to get a good fit?

TIA,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

jvs195
06-10-2007, 06:55 AM
I have one of the Bali ones and like it, I wear it under other things mostly. I also have one from Lands End, but I dont recall seeing them anymore. It's more for under sheer blouses as it's like an undercami. I'm thinking of trying the ones at Athleta next. the ones I have so far have been very true to my bra size and I LOVE not having to wear a bra AND a tank under my sheer or too low tops.

VClute
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I found it to be pretty true to my regular (Lilyette) bra size. Once I'm done nursing, I'll probably invest in a few more - they're GREAT for this hot weather.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and Abigail Rose, born 4/7/07