PDA

View Full Version : chaco flips or teva mush?

skohng
06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
hi all,

need to take advantage of the last day of the REI outlet sale... I'm debating between these two sandals. I've heard that the chaco flip is a little heavy, but it looks more comfortable and versatile. the teva looks like a beachy flip.

but i'm open to either since i'm 6mo preggo and need some good cushioning!

(also need to buy a pair for dh, so if any of your hubbies have either pair and like em, please let me know!)

alleyoop
06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I had the Teva Olowahu last summer and just got the chaco flip in the REI outlet sale last week. I think that the teva is/was more comfy right off the bat, but the Flip is more sturdy/supportive. Weight wise, the flip isn't that much heavier. I was actually surprised how thin the chaco sole is... but then it is that sturdier rubber stuff. The mush doesn't have any built in arch support, and the sole is what it says, mushy. Style-wise, I think they are about the same.

If I was to buy again, I think I would get the Olawahu (or mush)again, even though I really do need the arch support. If I was PG, with no feet problems, the Teva for sure.

Just my 2cents.

If you are buying though the outlet and having them sent to the REI store, you could just try them both on at the time you pick them up and return one right then. That is what I would do! :)

Good Luck!

skohng
06-15-2007, 06:15 PM
"If you are buying though the outlet and having them sent to the REI store, you could just try them both on at the time you pick them up and return one right then. That is what I would do! "

Brilliant!!! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the $.02... sounds like the mush is, well, mushier and more comfy? I do have pretty high arches, though, which is why the chaco looked appealing.