PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the SJP Bitten line in person?

kayte
06-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I saw her on the Today Show and on Oprah and the clothes looked cute and cheap. Steve and Barry's is a hike for me, so before I drove out there I thought I would ask if anyone has seen it in person? What's the quality like? How about the sizing?

trumansmom
06-16-2007, 03:30 PM
In particular, I've wondered about the sizing. How large do the sizes run? I'm in a 16, and I was wondering if it even went that large.

The closest place it's being sold is about 3 hours away. I had thought about taking the kids to the zoo there, and making a side trip to check it out. HOwever, if it's not worth checking out, there are always other zoos! :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

caheinz
06-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Re: sizing, I found this on the web site:

"The BITTEN collection was designed for women of all ages and sizes, with a full size range from XS-XXL in tops, 0-22 in bottoms, and 5-11 in shoes."

There's a Steve & Barry's in a very nearby mall, and I'm curious. Not sure how long it will take me to get there to check it out, though! (Out of town now, and DS is _not_ helpful when mommy goes clothes shopping, and DH is unlikely to voluteer to stay home with DS while mommy goes out after being gone for a few days...)

trumansmom
06-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info!

Hmmm... DH and DS are going to be out of town for a week in about two weeks. Eleanor is always up for shopping, and it's not too far from my Mom's house. I feel a road trip coming on!! :)

Jeanne

Ceepa
06-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I think it's "you get what you pay for." I went into a S&B this past weekend. There were some cute pieces and the line is very comprehensive (clothes to jewelry to shoes to handbags), but they didn't seem like they would hold up well. I love the idea of affordable fashion, but I walked away without buying anything.

Though I was pleasantly surprised to see a very wide range in sizes. It's sad that I have be shocked by a line being marketed to women of all shapes and sizes, right?

If you can make it out, I'd say take a look.

-Ceepa

trumansmom
06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
That's good to know. Would you say it's comparable to Old Navy? Target? I can handle "disposable" clothing, if I know that's what it is up front, you know?

Jeanne

babyready
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I was there tonight and liked what I saw. Very cheap. Quality is definitely comparable to Target. Definitely not going to last forever. I bought one top and I am curious to see how well it holds up.

They had lots of cute print t-shirts. If that is your thing, there will be many styles to choose from. Although, they were really wiped out of sizes here. The quality of those looks about equal to the ones I buy at Old Navy or Target. They are something that I liked to buy cheaply. Not spending tons on T's, ya know?

The shoes were really cute but nothing in my size to try. I liked the look and feel of the denim but have no idea on the fit as I didn't try them on. I bought a cute top that is kind of dressy and casual with some buttons from the chest up. Not sure how to describe it. =) I really like it, though.

It is worth checking out. It is a little younger style but I liked a lot of the things.

SnuggleBuggles
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Like H&M?

Beth

Ceepa
06-20-2007, 08:52 AM
yes. Comparable to ON in quality but it looks like more thought was put into the design than ON. Quality is also comparable to H&M but it doesn't have the heavy-handed trendy appearance of H&M -- the pieces are more basic looking with some interesting details, which is good.

I liked the affordable jeans, but they only came in dark wash (I already have too many of those) and a light wash (too faded for my taste).

And this isn't a slam on ON or H&M; my wardrobe would be lacking without my ON tees and my 70s-inspired print top from H&M. :)

-Ceepa