PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy swim coverups?

JacksMommy
06-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm looking for cute swim coverups for me. Any ideas? I don't live close to many retail stores and mostly shop online but I don't even know where to start!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

pb&j
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Lands End has a bunch.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

suomi
06-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I got a gorgeous one at Target.com (maternity) only $17.

JacksMommy
06-22-2007, 04:42 PM
You got a cute one at Target? What did it look like?

To the PP, lands end does have cute stuff, I just can't quite pull the trigger on any of it...

Sigh!

Laurel

suomi
06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Here is the one I got:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/601-1994824-5059300?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000MS4U92

It is so cute on. It is even on sale now.

I see you are a baby wearing expert. I am expecting number 2 and am looking for something I can nurse in. I used a Baby Bjorn with #1, tried a Maya sling but couldn't ever learn to work it. Do you have any suggestions for me? I also tried a Ergo carrier when my son was about 9 months, trying to put him on my back so I could do housework. My hubby got freaked out that I would drop him while trying to put him on my back, so I returned it.

If you have any tips for me, I am all ears! I just looked at an Ultimate Baby Wrap tonight.

JacksMommy
06-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, of course there is a whole forum for carriers with advice from lots of mamas, so I advise you to post over there as well, but here are my thoughts:

For nursing and securely holding an infant (especially while running after a toddler), nothing beats a wrap for comfort, versatility and security. A stretchy wrap is the easiest to learn to use but has less longevity as once the baby gets older, many people find a stretchy wrap well, stretches too much. An easy, inexpensive stretchy wrap is the Moby wrap.

Woven wraps have a tad more learning curve, but can be used with older children as well. Ellaroo makes popular woven wraps, and the cadillacs of the wrap world are Didymos and Storchenwiege.

Since you found the Maya ring sling tricky, though, you might prefer something super easy. In that case, a pouch is a great way to go. I love the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable pouches. They are a great beginner carrier and almost universally liked.

I'm not a huge fan of the Ultimate Baby wrap. It is very stretchy and the ring aspect to it just makes it complicated; you can get all the same carries with a simple wrap.

HTH, and do search/post in the carrier forum as well, for a range of opinions!

:)

Laurel

MamaMolly
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I loved the ones from Victoria's Secret last year. Sexy and functional!