PDA

View Full Version : Target Swimsuits or other inexpensive swimsuit

katydid1971
06-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I need a swimsuit and I don't want to spend a lot on it because I'm hoping I won't be my current size for very long. I was at the Target website and they have some cute suits (on the size 2 models) and was wondering if anyone here had ever bought their suits. (And I mean someone not a size 2). I will hopefully only wear it this summer so it doesn't have to be the best, just sorta flattering. I like the swim-mini tankini I see at places like lands end but I don't want to spend $100 on a swimsuit I'll only wear a few times (mostly in the backyard in the kiddy pool). Other suggestions would be appreciated, oh and it has to come from a b&m store because I don't have time to have it shipped because we have decided last minute to go out of town for the 4th.
Thanks in advance,
Sarah
***Update***
Well I found something that was OK at JCPenney. I don't love it but I had a coupon and it was on sale so it was $30 which I think is as cheep as I can find. The poster that said Target doesn't support big tops is reight. Thanks. I tried the swimsuit at Costco and it was very unflatering. I will lose this weight and next year get something nice from Lands End. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Sarah

Lilysmom06
06-23-2007, 09:05 AM
I have bought swimsuits there in the past and been happy with them. They have held up well, but I never wore them often. I actually bought a suit there a few weeks ago. I also liked the Lands end suits, but didn't want to spend the money either!!

This is the top I got:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_4/601-9935637-8043335?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000KPV2X4

And this is the bottom:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_ri_2/601-9935637-8043335?ie=UTF8&asin=B000HZEV62

I haven't worn them yet, but they seem good enough to get me through the summer. Hopefully next year I won't need a size Large!

HTH.

Kathy

hillview
06-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Not exactly what you are asking but I have a suit from Old Navy which has held up very well.

HTH
/hillary

babyready
06-26-2007, 10:12 AM
The big issue for me is the support. If you have a big chest, they aren't going to work as well for you. I tried on TONS of swimsuits a few weeks ago. The cheap ones (especially Target and Old Navy) had NO SUPPORT up top. It was just horrible. But if you can work your way around that you should be fine. The styles are cute. I did buy some bikini bottoms there to go with the tankini top I bought elsewhere. I liked the bottoms quite a bit.

densell
07-01-2007, 03:27 AM
I actually got a swimsuit at Motherhood that I like alot. I am not wearing a 36G (!) and wear a size 14 suit. Got a tankini that is black and white on top and black bottoms. Both pieces for $19.99.

I also saw the tankini's at my local Target. They looked cute, were I think $34 and not on sale yet

Good luck
Denise

tigeratty
07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Check on Lands End's overstocks page. You should be able to find something for less than $30. The suits are made for real people and are supportive. You can return to Sears if necessary.