PDA

View Full Version : Do you like this dress?

SnuggleBuggles
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Looks like a good, basic dress to have in your wardrobe to me. :) Places I would wear it...nicer dinners (not even super fancy, just date night where you aren't at some ordinary family restaurant), a show, a concert, wedding shower, any date...heck, I could get a lot of use out of that dress. I bet you will too. :)

Beth

Ceepa
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
It's a nice shape. Maybe your DH loves the dress *because* it's so different from what he usually sees you in; he finds it new and intriguing. Sometimes I'm surprised about the things DH notices and likes on me. I have a pair of earrings that are simple silver hoops that dangle from my ear in a short chain. He loves them because they're not like my other pairs. ???

Have fun with your new dress. ;)

-Ceepa

MamaMolly
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I think it is a beautiful dress! If I had the arms for it, I'd love to wear something like that. Even DH said it was nice. I think you are lucky to have a DH with such good taste. I'd wear it to church, out to dinner, to parties, etc. I really like that you could dress it up or down depending on accessories. Enjoy!!

Marisa6826
06-25-2007, 11:54 PM
What a great dress. You can easily dress it up or down depending on shoes and jewelry. Flats or sandals would make it casual enough to go out for lunch or dinner. Heels, pearls and a wrap would make it formal enough for a wedding.

The cut and design of it make it pretty timeless.

The price is also really reasonable, assuming it's well made.

Go for it! :)

-m

MATTYSMOMMY
06-26-2007, 08:15 AM
I like it - it is very versatile- it can be dressed up or down.

CiderLogan
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
It's very nice - not too dressy, IMO. I think it would be great to have on hand for showers, nice dinners out, etc. I wouldn't wear it to a Christmas party, though - it looks more spring/summery to me. Yes, buy it!!

Jenny
~~~~~
Mommy to two beautiful girls,
ages 1 and almost 4

alleyoop
06-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Alrighty then, the cool heads of BBB mommies prevail! I will keep the dress. You never know when something might come up that needs a dress like this. It was on sale for $80, which is still a lot, but makes it easier to keep IMHO.

Thanks for all your replies. You really helped me see this more levelheaded!

daisymommy
06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I LOVE it! You could wear a great necklace and earrings, and a cardigan over it for dinner dates, parties, etc. Very classic feminine pretty.

kozachka
06-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I think most guys like simple cuts, we had a discussion about this recently and neither DH nor most other guys I know are into fashionable designs, they prefer classic cuts, which this dress has. Enjoy it :)

alleyoop
07-13-2007, 11:04 AM
In black, and say you look pretty close to the model in it (maybe a size larger, but still reasonably good arms, etc)?

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=239840&CategoryID=29674&LinkType=EverGreen

I had this very strange shopping trip with my hubby in which he fell in love with this dress, on the manikin... made me try it on, begged me to buy it when he found out it was on sale... with nothing but maybe a possible Christmas party to wear it to. What to do? It is pretty far away from what I would buy by myself. And frankly, I am now second guessing every purchase I have made lately when I wanted to look good for him. He likes me in that? I am officially thrown for a loop. Help talk some sense into me!

BTW: This was the FIRST time we have ever gone shopping together before. 10 years together and the very first time!