PDA

View Full Version : Target Nursing tanks

cpepper
07-03-2007, 01:02 AM
I am considering purchasing a Nursing tank from Target because I have read so many good reviews on this site about them. I am wondering if it has a shelf bra in it. And if so do you think it would be possible to remove it? I am large busted and am planning on wearing a bra under it. Thanks.

egoldber
07-03-2007, 08:58 AM
It has a shelf bra. I think all the nursing tanks do, its how they work. Personally, I think it would be a PITA to have to open up two openings to nurse each time. If you want to wear a regular bra, then I would just do that and buy regular tanks or camis to put over them.

daisymommy
07-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I agree with Beth. The whole point of a nursing tank is to eliminate one more piece of clothing. If you are going to remove the bra portion, then just get a comfy nursing bra and a tank top that covers your bra straps. Lands End makes some that I really like.

carriepepper
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I see your point but I want to be able to lower the top of the tank top for breastfeeding instead of having to lift up my shirt and have a bare stomach. I have tried just pulling down the top of a cami but this is really ackward and doesn't work for me.

egoldber
07-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Have you tried the nursing tanks layered under another shirt? I am totally with you, I hate baring my tummy to nurse, and thats why I love the nursing tanks. I usually wear a nursing tank under another (non-nursing) tank and that works really well.

neeter
07-06-2007, 11:49 PM
This might help; I haven't tried one yet but I'm thinking about it:

http://www.thebellyhugger.com/

cpepper
07-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for this suggestion. I tried one and it is great for this purpose. They are kind of warm for summer but not to much worse then wearing a second tank top and the fact that you can adjust it up or down so easily makes it easy to conceal your stomach while BF in public.
Thanks Again