PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME PLEASE! Online shoe shopping

chiqanita
07-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Is it true that I can go down a half size when buying sandals? All of my closed shoes are size 8. I haven't bought a nice pair of sandals in a while. No time to get to the store before our trip and I really like a pair I found online.

Would you go a half size down or not? The sandals I like of wedges that slip on and one is a nice flip flop style

TIA

janeybwild
07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I use the same shoe size for closed shoes as sandals. But, I don't need wide sandals whereas I often need wide shoes. HTH.

caleymama
07-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't go down a size. IME, that would be too small. I'm definitely not an expert, though! Have a fun trip!

Lilysmom06
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I think it depends on the shoe. I am an 8-8.5, and sometimes I take an 8, sometimes an 8.5. Usually if there are only whole sizes I take the 8, not the 9. In flipflops, usually an 8.

You could order both sizes, and return the one that doesn't fit. Sites like Zappos.com have free shipping and free return shipping, so you wouldn't be out the shipping costs. Once I returned a pair of sandals at the Nordstrom store that I ordered online because they were too big. The customer service person told me I should have ordered multiple sizes, that people do all the time!

Happy shopping!

Kathy