PDA

View Full Version : What the heck do you wear in the summertime?

JoyNChrist
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I consider myself reasonably fashionable most of the time. I mean, I'm not model material by any means, and I wouldn't say no to an appearance on What Not to Wear, but I think I manage to look pretty decent when I leave the house. But now that it's so HOT outside, I find myself reaching for the same denim shorts and t-shirts or polos or tank tops, just because I feel like it's too hot to dress in cute layers or whatever. Now, I know that I'm not outside all day (mostly just going to and from the car when running errands, shopping, etc), but I still get all hot and sweaty just getting myself and DS in and out (I live in southwest Louisiana, where today it's 96 degrees - and it's cloudy today - and the humidity's always really high).

So how do you look cute and stay cool at the same time?

MissyAg94
07-17-2007, 02:36 PM
I know what you mean. I live in Florida. I have been wearing skirts and t-shirts, bermuda shorts and capri pants. I think cotton skirts and dresses are probably the coolest for me. Wear some cute sandals and jewelry and you're good to go.

SnuggleBuggles
07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I wear a-line skirts and form fitting tank tops or t-shirts. I have a good stash of cotton, pull on a-line skirts from H&M and Old Navy.

I keep a pair of shorts in the car if ds wants to do something that I'd rather be in shorts for. Most of the time a skirt works well for my day. I find them much more comfortable than shorts, they seem to wear better on hot days and I feel that they have a bit more style than shorts.

There are great dresses out this year that I have been tempted to buy even though I am pg and couldn't wear them now. They are just so cute and it has been a few years since stores have sold good, simple, knee length dresses and I don't want to miss out! Not great for breastfeeding but I figure I could wear them when running errands or something.

Beth

egoldber
07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Wouldn't call myself fashionable LOL, but this year I'm living in tanks and capris/bermuda shorts from Ann Taylor Loft. The tanks are super thin and are layered over nursing tanks. I also have some cute Ts from a new store around here called Lucy. I hit the sales right at ATL and got some super deals.

tina-t
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Aaahhh....My usual mom uniform is t-shirts and capri pants or skorts.

StantonHyde
07-28-2007, 05:30 PM
In that humidity--sundresses, as light and cottony as I could get em. No layers, no hassle.

CiderLogan
08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree on the skirt thing. I feel SO much more pulled together in a cute dressier t-shirt (like Ann Taylor Loft or something) and a solid knit skirt, or even a denim skirt, than in shorts. I also do top and capris a lot. Buy some cute sandals; that helps!

Jenny
~~~~~
Mommy to two beautiful girls,
ages 1 and almost 4