PDA

View Full Version : Maternity bra? Do I need this

birdie75
07-24-2007, 09:32 AM
My girlfriend told me about a store that had good / cheap maternity bras. Is this something that I need? I am 15 weeks I haven't changed bra size yet (which I am pleased about) and usually wear a size 40D minimizer bra. My expectation is that I will end up putting pads in my bra later in pregnancy and then purchase some nursing bras. At some point I am expecting I will need to move to a DD bra but why wouldn't I just purchase either a nursing bra or a normal bra.

Thoughts?

SnuggleBuggles
07-24-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't think they are necessary. Only reason I would buy new bras is if I had to for size change. Otherwise if what you have feels good then keep on wearing them. :) Save the $ for later.

I'm 23 weeks now with #2 and like last time I haven't changed size at all (yay!). I also didn't leak at all last time and haven't so far this time.

Beth

jhrabosk
07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
When I changed bra sizes, I went and was fitted for new bras, but never bought anything that was specifically marketed as "maternity." My bra store gave me extenders, too, to use as my ribs expanded.

Then, towards the very end when those no longer fit, I went and bought some comfy nursing bras that I was able to wear for my last month or so of pregnancy and first couple months post-partum.

I guess the upshot is, keep the ladies supported and buy what you need to be comfortable, but don't necessarily spend money on something marketed as "maternity."