PDA

View Full Version : Casual jewelry anyone?

s7714
08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Where are some good places to find decent quality, but reasonably priced jewelry for casual day time wear? I'm not talking precious stones/metals or anything, just nice pieces that can jazz up a t-shirt or something, iykwim. (I realize jewelry is a major matter of personal taste, but if you have a favorite source, I'd love to hear about it!)

ETF typo

TIA
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

emmiem
08-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Chico's has great jewelry that really makes a statement.
Michele

daisyktmama
08-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Seems funny, but... my mother in law told me about this unlikely place... Cost Plus World Market! I have found really pretty earrings there for under $10 a pair. Good luck!

jvs195
08-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I always see people who seem so put together with great jewelry, but never seem to be able to commit myself to a piece (that's in my price range of course) World Market does have some nice inexpensive stuff-like the jewelry Pier one used to sell waaayy back (dating myself), TJ Maxx sometimes has some nice things, but they keep it all under lock and key so hard to access sometimes, Nordstrom Rack has a good selection and Macy's sale rack usually has stuff. I think you just have to look EVERYWHERE and snag what you like. I've even liked some of Ann Taylor loft pieces, and some boutique stores have unique items. Sorry I don't think I really helped did I?

trumansmom
08-11-2007, 08:04 AM
A friend of mine sells Cookie Lee products. It's one of those home party things, but the jewelry is very reasonable and I've been pleased with the quality for every day stuff. I don't do parties, but I often meet her for lunch and order a couple of pieces here and there. If you do like to have parties, you can get big discounts and some stuff for free.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

swan01
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Same with Lia Sophia jewelry. I went to a party and LOVE their stuff. They have great specials, so you can get the jewelry for much less than the catalog prices.

Thanks!

smartlass
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Silpada stuff is pretty nice as well. (Especially if you like silver..which I do)
I think you can look for a rep near you on their website, but eBay it as well, there are plenty of reps selling of overstock.

CiderLogan
08-17-2007, 02:02 PM
J Jill, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, and Ann Taylor Loft seem to always have a few pieces up near the registers that aren't too expensive. Oh, and Coldwater Creek probably does too.

Also, it seems like the dept. stores always have a ton on sale, too.

Jenny
~~~~~
Mommy to two beautiful girls,
ages 1 and almost 4

Tondi G
08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I have a friend who makes jewelry (WAHM) and does a pretty darn good job of it too.... I think anyways! Check out her Etsy Store!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=25956

HTH's you!
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

robyn9474
08-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I have to second the previous vote for Silpada. I don't really know what you consider "reasonably priced" as many (but not all!) pieces are in the $50 to $100 range, but the stuff is excellent quality. And great at dressing down or dressing up.

daniele_ut
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
>Same with Lia Sophia jewelry. I went to a party and LOVE
>their stuff.

I second the vote for Lia Sophia. I went to a party for their products a few months ago and ended up with 2 necklaces and a pair of earrings that have become my favorite pieces of jewelry. I really thought that their prices were reasonable considering the high quality.

jvs195
09-15-2007, 09:29 PM
I remembered this post when I was in JC Penney of all places the other day. They had some really cute stuff and all of it was like 50% off.