PDA

View Full Version : Plus size maternity wear for the tall mom!!!

zag95
08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
I have been reading other's posts about plus size maternity wear... and am noting that I am up for a big challenge. I wear a 20/22 depending on the cut, and am almost 6 feet tall. I am fairly short waisted, and have a 34 inch inseam.... any recommendations on decent maternity clothes, for a tall mom?

Marisa6826
08-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Lane Bryant sells maternity on their website. I don't have experience with their stuff, since it came out after I had both kiddos.

Some of the more stretchy stuff at Babystyle will work for you (I'm a 22-24 and was able to do their Yoga pants). Their stuff tends to run really long, so again, these might work.

If you are able to score any of the Lands End maternity, it was great. I don't know if they're still making them, but I've seen their mat line on their overstocks page.

Gap maternity goes up to 20/22 on their website. I found that I was able to wear their stuff, too. Especially their bottoms. Their tops are cut wayyyyyy closer than they were when the line first came out.

Fortunately, styles right now lean toward yoga/sweats anyway, so you might be able to just wear regular drawstring pants until you get really big. For my 2nd pregnancy, I did that most of the time, anyway.

HTH

-m

aa2mama
08-20-2007, 05:46 PM
You might take a look at JC Penney's. They have both tall and plus size maternity. For instance, they have these jeans:

http://tinyurl.com/26vwkr