PDA

View Full Version : question for southern Jewish mamas...

gatorruth
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
OK- So the high holidays are coming up. I'm in Atlanta and I think it will still be pretty darn warm. Soooooo- what are you all wearing for High Holiday Services????

I'm pretty out of touch with dress up fashion.... I'm fine with my daily mama wear, but if I need to dress up, I need fashion help!
Thanks!

ShanaMama
08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Yup, the holidays fall out pretty early this year. I'm on the fence whether to buy DD fall/winter holiday clothes yet or just let her keep wearing her summer stuff. She always outgrows her clothes midseason, so I wouldn't mind holding off with the fall stuff till cool weather is actually here.
As for myself, I'll probably stick with lightweight fabrics but darker colors. I live in a lightweight black dress, and I have a couple of slinky dressy shirts that look dressy although they are light & comfortable. Kohl's is great for those.
Are you attending services or socializing with family/ friends? Is your circle very fashion conscious (sp?) ie: is the no-white-after- labor-day a strict rule?

ETA: I see this got moved to the maternity forum. I'm not sure if you're asking about maternity clothes? Didn't sound like it, but if so I'm not too much help!