PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Macy's?

lovelytwins
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I posted this earlier but can't find it. Anywhoo, I just "discovered" Macy's and love it. I didn't shop there b/c it used to be Hechts and I hated Hechts. Do you like Macy's for your clothes? and which brand do you like?

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I like some brands. Some are not so great. The ones I like are Alfani and INC. Sometimes I have found some Charter Club stuff I like.

I don't shop there too much because I get overwhelmed with lots of stuff. If I do shop there I go straight to those brands. :)

Beth

KBecks
09-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes. Get a credit accont and you'll get coupons and sale notices. Some of their things are spendy but they have a nice selection. It's not my main department store, but I like them for the variety and to have an extra option. My "main" dept store is Boston Store, aka Bergners/Carson Pirie

DrSally
09-08-2007, 12:16 PM
These are the exact brands I like too, esp. on clearance. You can get some nice cashmere at the end of the season in Charter Club brand. Alfani and INC are very stylish. I have found our local Macy's is sort of "junky", cluttered and not a lot of great stuff, though, so I hardly ever go. I think it depends on the location.

AddiesMom
09-09-2007, 06:18 AM
NO. I don't shop there anymore, only for 'dirt-cheap' clearance. Got 3 nightgowns 2 weeks ago for less than $4 each. This week during the early-bird specials I got some Disney Princesses toddler skirts and capris for $2.49 each for future WDW trips, then had a coupon for $10 off $25 or more. I find the a lot of toddler clothing is trashy or tacky looking; I tend like Gap, ON, Hanna, Lands End better. Now that Lands End is in our Sears I spend a lot of time there for the whole family, but I also dress a lot more casual since I stay at home. By the way, walked through ladies dept at Macys this week and everything was purple! Maybe it is in style but there was way too much! DH buys all his dress shirts at Brooks Bothers when they have big sales.

Also, I am a former Filene's manager (96-98) and I have friends that work for Macys since the merger... Macys treats their employees like crap and most have quit. I am talking good employees who worked there 10-20 years and just up and quit with no notice! Trying to find a SA to ring something up is a pain!

jvs195
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I miss our Hecht's. I bought much more there than I have since it's become Macy's. Probably depends on your particular store. I am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff Macy's has and it looks nice until I get up close and it just seems cheaper. Personal preference. With coupons you can get good deals, but they are not as free with them as Hecht's was. Sad about the employees, it kind of shows at ours.

mskitty
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Ditto... I did very well this weekend with there $10 off $25 coupons on clearance items. Picked up 5 work shirts for my husband for less than $25. Picked up a t-shirt and levi's capris for my niece plus a t-shirt, levi's shorts, and 2 pairs of summer jammies for my nephew all for $26. Trying to find a SA to ring up a sale was a pain...they were all slow and they only had one register open in childrens with 10 people in line! I went to another department. It took longer to check out than it did to raid the clearance racks.

I used to have much better luck when it was Jones for my clothes.

MsKitty