PDA

View Full Version : Target nursing top vs Glamor Mom nursing top REVIEW

hillview
09-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Thought I'd do a review of the 2 nursing tops. I am 5'10" and about 186 lbs (about 20 lbs over standard non preg weight ... 2 weeks post baby delivery). I am about a 40D when nursing. I got XLs for all tops.

Target -- somewhat uniboob but not terrible; the straps work well; openings are a LOT larger then the GM tops so pros are lots of boob to nurse with cons are it is less descrete. The standard top is longer then Motherhood maternity but not as long as GM LONG tops. It provides reasonable coverage and I am on the tall side. That said I prefer the GM top length. Would be more comfy then the GM tops to sleep in as the support is less and therefore not as tight as GM's. Easier then GM to open and close with one hand.

Glamor Mom -- I got the LONGS/Talls which I LOVE. Like these tops a lot. They are very supportive. Can open but not close with one hand. As said above they cover more of the boob so more descrete but still plenty of room. The adjustable straps stay up well. Not so comfy for sleeping in as are quite supportive.

FWIW I had a slew of Motherhood Maternity nursing tops last baby and they were less supportive, the straps slid a ton and they were too short and didn't cover my belly! They did show more clevage so that could be a pro for someone who was looking for that. DH liked it!

HTH someone!
/hillary

birdie75
09-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the post. I am a first time mom and it always good to hear opinions. I am currently my normal 40D size at 24 weeks so I expect that I will get bigger later and it is nice to know which ones didn't cause uniboob and have adequate support.

sidmand
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Interesting...the long top (Glamourmom) is something new since I tried last time and I definitely found myself pulling the tank down all the time! I really wanted to like the Glamourmom top, but I found that it barely fit. I bought the XXL and I'm not a small person, but going by their sizing, it should have fit.

I was a 16-18 pre-pregnancy and got back to about an 18-20 fairly quickly. I am/was probably about a 42 DDD/E/F. I found the openings very small and had trouble getting them to be where they should be! But I find the longs intriguing...they were *close* to fitting before, maybe that would make the difference...

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev110pr___.png[/img] (][img)

table4three
09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I love glamourmom tops and I'm really liking the long ones (I'm also 5-10). I also bought 2 maternity ones when I was pregnant and wore them to bed then, and now they are in my regluar rotation - they didn't stretch out with the preg belly and now are just like the long ones.

I agree - glamourmom tanks are too tight for bedtime and I think led to a clogged duct early on for me. I recently got these for bedtime and I LOVE them (and the price too!)
http://www.amazon.com/Kyra-Sleep-Bra-X-Large-Cream/dp/B0007041FI/ref=sr_1_15/002-0601834-2812003?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1189437590&sr=8-15

DS - 2.5 yrs
DD - 1 month old!