PDA

View Full Version : Lands End cashmere

Ceepa
09-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Any experience with Lands End's cashmere sweaters? I'm looking at the cashmere tee. I just want one for layering.

If anyone has some, does it pill? Look good after multiple wears?

TIA!

-Ceepa

trumansmom
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I only have one, and I got it years ago before the kids. I think I wore it twice, and I was really disappointed. It pilled a LOT. It was a cabled one instead of the new "cashmere tees" they are hyping. Perhaps they are better now, but unless I was getting a super deal on the overstocks page, I probably wouldn't buy another. I really wanted to love it!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

s7714
09-09-2007, 10:59 PM
I've ordered cashmere items from them twice and returned them both times because the colors were way off from what they were showing in the catalog. You might want to see if they do swatches for those if you're concerned about coloring matching.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

Ceepa
09-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Hmmm. I guess I'll skip the LE cashmere and keep looking. :(

-Ceepa

cvanbrunt
09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I have a couple pieces. No problem here, I love them.

nupe
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a LE cashmere sweater from 2 winter seasons ago that is soft and gorgeous. I recall getting compliments on it even this last spring. The LE is far and away better quality than "cashmere" (hah)from Ann Taylor that I returned that season. Consumer reports did a small article on Cashmere in 12/2004. It discussed blending with other yarns such as wool and not labeling that way, and single ply vs two ply cashmere. The LE tested at that time was two-ply, which is considered better quality. I haven't bought LE cashmere this season though.

trumansmom
09-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I wonder if they changed them? I would love to try them again if they have, and it sounds like folks have had a better experience than I did.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

squimp
09-14-2007, 12:47 AM
I have LLBean cashmere, and it's really nice. No pilling! (more than I can say for my Garnet Hill cashmere) I've not yet tried Lands End, but it has been rated well in magazines.

jvs195
09-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I think it really depends on the item. I have found some decent LE cashmere and some not so (usually from Overstocks) similar in quality to the department store brands (pilling and one season wear, but reasonably priced) Not all are alike and don't think just because it's cashmere it's going to last. I bought my best pieces at a consignment store that were Banana Republic, yet never saw such quality at the stores. If it's a good deal and you touch it, keep it.

sadie427
09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Haven't tried the LE cashmere, but if you get on the J Crew email lists and jump on line right when the sales start, you can get decent deals on their cashmere. I have a few of their cashmere short sleeve tees that are really great so far.

Ceepa
09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah, I already prowl around their sales! :)

Ceepa
09-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah, I already prowl around their sales! :)

Ceepa
09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
So my plan is to check out some LE cashmere if it makes it in-store to Sears (it should, right?) and also keep browsing some local stores. I really would like to check it out in person first.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, ladies.

-Ceepa