PDA

View Full Version : Nightwear

kristenk
09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I've been sleeping in the same old, incredibly soft, ratty t-shirts for the past many, many years (8? 10?). I threw some Hanna short johns into the mix about a year ago, and that helped some, but I still really like sleeping in oversized tees.

I'd like to find something that's as comfortable as my ratty old tees, but a little bit, uh, nicer. I'm looking for a cotton nightshirt that has short sleeves and hits slightly above the knee. Does anyone know where I could find something like that? I'll periodically check department stores when I'm there, but I haven't had any luck.

SammyeGail
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't have anything to recommend, I just wanted to say it means alot to me that I am not the only one sleeping in 8-10 year old T's.

I have bought a few nightgowns that fall above the knee, as plain as possible looking at misc. department stores. They were hard to find. I think I have 3-4, I don't really know because I keep pulling out my old t-shirts, lol!!

I bought some HA long johns last winter and I wore those alot. I don't like the short johns because I can see the bottoms getting twisted around if I roll around in bed. My long johns don't do that, the pants seem more fitted that the tops.

Good luck on your search and glad to know I'm not the only one : ). DH says he's going to throw all my old Ts away soon if I don't get a new look, lol!

Samantha

npace19147
09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
They have some nice soft men's T's at the gap - athletic fit, I think, or something like that. Might that work?

trumansmom
09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Lands End has one and it's really inexpensive, too!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/ShortSleeveKneeLengthSleepT-72119_137896_59.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_72119

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kristenk
09-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Jeanne, you are my hero! That looks perfect! I like the various sizing/color options. I'll buy one to see how I like it and then stock up. :) Thanks!

kristenk
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
You're definitely not the only one. :) It's gotten pretty desperate for me, lately, b/c I only have 2 sleeping shirts left. Of those, one is getting way too short and the other has a fairly sizable hole on the side. I'm going with Jeanne's suggestion from Lands End. Now I just need to find a free shipping code.

trumansmom
09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I live to serve. ;)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Corie
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I sleep in my husband's old holey undershirts.

I really need to go to the Jockey outlet store and buy a 6-pack
of men's undershirts. I have some bright fabric markers.
I should let my kids decorate them for me!! :)

lovin2shop
09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Feeling the need to confess - My very favorite T shirt to sleep in is so full of holes, it borders on indecent. Okay, maybe not even borders....You'd think my DH might appreciate it, but I guess he prefers a more refined sexy! So, I only wear it when he is out of town and my DS is sound asleep. I do however keep a robe right next to my bed in case there is a fire! Ahhh, I get the best sleep wearing that T shirt. My biggest fear is that it is going to completely rip apart the next time I wash it. It took years, over a decade, to get it that soft!