PDA

View Full Version : Workout pants/shirt for 'thick in the middle' mommy!

sophiesmom
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm 1 1/2 years post partum w/ number 3, and finally trying to exercise to lose the last 10 lbs! Also want some cute workout type pants to wear to gymboree on fridays w/ dd!~

I seem to have trouble finding pants that work. Most of my weight is in my stomach, butt and upper thighs. (well, i think all the 10 lbs is there!). When I try on most workout pants, they look way too tight, and the waist is too low. I usually seem to try them on at Target, where I rarely seem to have luck w/ clothes there anymore.

Any ideas of where to find some decent pants that will look good? Should I try walmart, Marshalls, kohls, ?????

Thanks!

nupe
10-02-2007, 06:43 AM
I love my adidas pants I bought at macys.com. I usually need more room in the hip/thigh area too.

sophiesmom
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Posting back to anyone else looking for the same:

I found some great pants at JC Penney. St. Johns Bay brand (goes by SJB). They make cotton yoga type pants (not too thin, nor too thick). The waist comes up to my belly button, has a tie, and the length is PERFECT for me. (petite) I am 5'2".. They have a ton of styles/fabric. I just got all black, and one that is navy w/ a bit of lighter blue seam on the leg.

Stephanie