PDA

View Full Version : Cole Haan Air? or other comfortable, good shoe

vludmilla
10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Ok, so someone told me that they absolutely love Cole Haan air shoes and I think I remember them being on the Oprah show when they first came out. I guess they're supposed to be extremely comfortable but they sure are expensive. My question is, does anyone have experience with these and do you think that they are even close to worth the money?
TIA
-Victoria

MamaMolly
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi,
I have a pair I bought on clearance last fall. They are dressy t-strap chocolate and black spectator pumps. They have really high heels, over 3 inches, and I find them very comfortable. I wore them to DDs baptism and again on Mother's day. If I had more dressy things to go to, I'd wear them more often.
I don't think I'd pay full retail though, just because I don't wear them that often. I think I paid $35 which is only a little more than what I'd spend for plastic shoes from Payless.
HTH,
Molly

vludmilla
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Molly,
Thanks for responding. It sounds like you got an amazing deal. I don't think I can hope for anything like that. If you wore the shoes several times a week do you think you'd be willing to pay 3x what you paid?
Thanks for your help.
-Victoria

pinkmomagain
10-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I have had many pairs of Cole Haan Air shoes. I've mostly enjoyed the clog-type styles. They become my everyday shoe with jeans over the fall and winter. I just bought a new pair this week. I also have a pair of pumps with nike air in them....although I guess they are more comfortable than most heels, I'm just always in pain when wearing heels and don't think anything would feel great to me.

I often pay full price but they do last years....very well made. I try to go for leather because I think nubuck looks old faster. Often Nordstroms will have them on sale when having a shoe sale...also sometimes Nordstrom Rack and DSW have them discounted too.

Gina

AbbysMom
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I have a pair of open toe black Cole Haan Air shoes. They are, by far, the very most expensive thing I've ever bought myself. I have a broken bone in the ball of my foot which really hurts when I stand for a long time. The shoes are gorgeous and more comfortable than other heels that I've bought but the only problem I have is that every pair seems to have a very high heel. if I could find a pair without that heel, I'd probably wear them every day. So although they are very cushiony, eventually your feet do hurt. But I still adore them and wear them on every occasion I can. I plan to keep them forever.

pinkmomagain
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I just thought I'd let you know that Cole Haan started a promotion today at their retail stores (not online) where if you bring in a pair of gently used shoes (does not have to be Cole Haan brand) they will give you 20% off your entire purchase. I did it today and I got a really good price an a sale shoe and 20% off a full price shoe.

Gina

vludmilla
10-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Gina,
Thanks for posting this! Do you happen to know if this promotion is valid at Cole Haan factory stores? I don't think I'm near any regular stores. By the way, what did you get and do you have an opinion about the "air" shoes?
Thanks again,
-Victoria

pinkmomagain
10-13-2007, 01:24 PM
According to the website, the promo is not available at their factory stores or online :-( You should go to their website, though to check the store locator...maybe there is one hiding near you.

I got two: Trina Mary Jane (black patent)http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?productId=151966&categoryId=300902&productGroup=151968

and Air Beau Mary Jane (I can't find this on their website for some reason).

I love their air shoes...I've owned several pairs and they are very comfortable, well-made, and wear well. This second shoe I picked up yesterday is a super-duper comfortable, versatile flat. The Trina is a high heel wedge (don't think this is "air")that I'm trying since I like height but I walk horribly in pumps. The wedge gives a little more support....hopefully I'll look a little more graceful than I usually do. :-)

Gina

kozachka
10-13-2007, 03:55 PM
I find my Ecco pumps (bought at Sierra Trading Post for less than $80) very comfortable comparing to other high heel shoes that I have. I can even run in them if necessary. For disclamer while I work very long hours I spent most of them seated in front of my computer.

pinkmomagain
10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh, I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the tip!

kozachka
10-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I have Ecco City Copenhagen Pumps, they are available only in size 10 or Eur 41 (I went with European sizing and was OK) at STP http://tinyurl.com/yoo83l
but there are plenty of other Ecco pumps for about $65. And you can use the 20% coupon in FatWallet with code 58156 of a $75 order but you'll have to rush, it expires on 10/15/07. You might be even able to get free shipping by answering this riddle "Name the capital whose name translates as "new flower"..". Answer: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Enter it in comments box.

ETA: I ended up buying these boots for $72 plus $9.95 shipping, which hopefully would get refunded. Ant it's all your fault ;).

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,84279_Ecco-Nevada-Boots-For-Women.html

Bean606
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I lucked out and found a pair in my size at Marshalls for $40 last year, and LOVE them so much that I shelled out $90 to purchase a second pair at the CH outlet a few weeks ago. They are very comfortable. Although I don't own a pair myself, my mom and a few friends swear by Geoxx, which I think may be a little less than CH air.

vwh99
11-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Love Geoxx!

Ceepa
11-10-2007, 06:44 PM
30% off on Cole Haan site. Use code VIPOFFER.

Exp. 11/18.

www.colehaan.com

-Ceepa

aliceinwonderland
11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I have these in 3.5 inch heels and cannot say that they are MUCH more comfortable than other shoes of similar hight. I still wear and love them, but they do kill. :)