PDA

View Full Version : Xpost in carriers: What is your favorite top to wear under a wrap/carrier for nursing??

SASM
10-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I do not intend on nursing while wearing the baby, as she is still getting used to nursing in the regular positions; however, I am wondering what tops work best for you? I have been using my black silk Moby D wrap a lot and discovered that my black Target nursing tank works best under this so I do not have to take the entire wrap off to nurse DD2. Unfortunately, when the weather eventually starts to get cooler, this top will not work as well since I would need more arm coverage, etc. So...any suggestions? :)

TIA!

s7714
10-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I wore a lot of button up shirts over the top of a coordinating nursing tank and just unbuttoned the top before putting a carrier on if I thought there was a chance I might need to nurse. Other than that, fitted t-shirts (long or short sleeved) over a nursing tank were easy. I wore a lot of black those days myself because it was so easy to match a black nursing tank with a black t-shirt and things just kind of blend together so people won't notice as much if your shirt is lifted up or something.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

C99
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
A t-shirt. I use a Catbird Baby so I generally have to take the whole top portion off to nurse anyway.

MarisaSF
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I have two dresses from Motherwear that have an "empire opening". So easy to nurse in. I often nurse baby while he's in a sling.
Here's an example: http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/20/sid/1299

I also got a Nursing Undercover (http://www.nursingundercover.com/) in the same pattern as my Peanut Shell sling, so it all sorts of blends together pattern-wise.

I love the nursing tanks and would just layer under a cardigan or zipper-jacket, etc.

Have fun!

new_mommy25
10-10-2007, 02:16 AM
In the beginning I mostly wore Glamourmom tanks. Nowadays I go for stretchy shirts that are kind of low cut so I can just pull up from the top. Sadly four years of nursing has enabled me to do that. I mostly wear Mei Tais or my Beco so they mostly shield my breast.

SASM
10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH, ladies!!