PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Motherwear's Customer Service!

MarisaSF
10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I recently ordered two nursing dresses from Motherwear. Based on the measurements they listed, I ordered them both in Medium. When they arrived, I thought they were a bit (way!) big, but I needed to take them on a trip. I wore one during the trip, spilled some food on it and said, "Oh well, guess I'm stuck with this dress." Took it home and washed it.

Today I called to comment/complain about the sizing thinking they might want to have notes on those two particular dresses. The cs woman was extremely polite. She explained that, since I was still within the 60-day window from the date of ordering, I could return -- even though the one dress had been worn, spilled upon and washed! Shesaid they didn't want me to be stuck with a dress that doesn't fit. She is sending me both dresses in a smaller size and waiving the shipping!

I don't love much in their catalogs, but I love their cs policies a LOT and will try to order again. :)

SnuggleBuggles
10-10-2007, 07:18 AM
That's great!

I already liked them b/c of their selection and they did have helpful cs people wrt to sizing.

Thanks for sharing.

Beth

nupe
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes, I have found them to be helpful too over the phone.

I know I have tried many of their nursing bras as sleep bras and have had to return them--all refunded okay. Return shipping a small price to pay in the big picture.

However I have found their sizing to be variable, for example with pajama bottoms and t shirts. Sometimes I fit into a small, and sometimes I don't. The cotton items I have purchased do shrink, so I know to allow for that.

rgors
10-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I spoke with their CS who explained that they have multiple suppliers and that is why the sizing is inconsistent. I completely agree that their CS is bend-over-backwards helpful.

It's really frustrating to order a Large shirt and have it be WAY too small but then have a Medium bra that is WAY too big in the same order. Their sizing is all over the place -- so imho they darn well need good CS. :) But the good thing is you can tell them "I bought this Bra in this size and it fits, and now I want this Other Bra -- what size should I get?" and they will be able to cross reference which suppliers made which style and how the sizing from that supplier runs. So I have found that their on-the-phone advice with sizing suggestions to be fairly accurate.

MarisaSF
10-10-2007, 11:19 PM
That is all good to know. That's why I called in the first place. I wanted them to have a note somewhere that the dresses I ordered would tend to run large. They didn't have any notes on those dresses before. In fact, they said, "Oh, those are 'Classic Fit,' so they should be fit closer to the body."

I find their sizing doesn't match most other retailers. At other stores, "Medium" would be size 6-8. At Motherwear, the "Medium" is listed as 10-12.