PDA

View Full Version : What are your every day shoes?

Beth568
10-14-2007, 08:22 AM
I think it's time to replace my very, very old Dansko clogs. I have other comfortable shoes, but I end up wearing the black clogs more often than not with jeans, black knit pants, etc - just for every day when I'm at school with the kids or doing little errands.

Do you have something that you love? I'm looking for comfort here, and something that's easy to get on as I'm panicking to rush everyone out the door. Right now I'm inclined to just get another pair of Danskos, but I wouldn't mind a little change.

trumansmom
10-15-2007, 01:10 AM
I used to wear tons of Danskos, but am now can't live without my Keens. :) I also wear Merrells and Simple (they fit my feet just right, but I know they aren't perfect for everyone), but my Keens are my "go to" shoes.

HTH-

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Piglet
10-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I wear Merrel and Joseph Siebel. The Merrels are a bit more casual and the JS are a bit dressier. The only problem I have is that my JS leak like crazy. If there is even a hint of moisture on the ground (dew, for example), my toes get wet. I even exchanged them for a different pair hoping it would help and it didn't. The JS rep told me it might have something to do with the specific style I like. I am not too impressed at having wet toes every morning. For the office or for dry weather they are insanely comfy!

table4three
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I wear my Dansko clogs so much that I got a black pair and a brown pair. Once it is cold enough for socks, it is all I wear. I've been wearing them for 7 years now and nothing else is as comfy or easy to wear. I'm hooked!

kitmama
10-16-2007, 10:33 PM
My all the time, every day shoes are LL Bean Comfort Mocs.
http://tinyurl.com/syzjd

In the summer, I live in my LL Bean flip flops. I think 2 years of constant wear finally wore them out- I'll have to get some more next year.

jesseandgrace
10-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I think Dansko clogs are the best, you get a little height with them, and they are really comfortable. I've been going with the shiny black patent leather ones, and they actually look really good with jeans or even black pants.

nupe
10-21-2007, 08:25 PM
I love the Dansko mary jane style called Marcelle.

daniele_ut
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I alternate between a pair of Keen clogs (Santa Cruz style from a few years ago) and a pair of Rocket Dog slip ons similar to these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/29433003/c/30402.html

aliceinwonderland
10-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I recently bought (and returned) these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/24830964/c/13056.html

They are quite comfortable, but I decided I needed a higher heel.

trales
10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a pair of sperry shoes for jeans, they are really comfy, two pairs of Indigo by Clarks (one brown, one black), they look a little more dressy with slacks. My new favorites are a pair of Bundstones, they are slip on boots, waterproof, light, comfortable and a deep brown color.

I also just bought a pair of red patent leather sling back peak toe shoes at Nordstrom Rack for a skirt I own. Totally impractical, but oh so yummy.

emmiem
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Ecco, Birkenstock, Dansko, Mephisto, and Naot are the only brands I buy.
Michele

Nooknookmom
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Merrell, Diesel. Comfy! But kinda expensive. Worth it b/c they last so long.

Mephisto for summer too!

kijip
11-06-2007, 02:30 AM
For work, I rotate between 4 pairs of heels- a pair of Fluevogs, a pair of pointy toed black pumps, some funky brown/red and green heels tied with ribbon and a pair of blue and yellow pumps. When I need a break from heels, I wear my clogs which are steel toed:

http://www.crazyclogs.org/store/troentorpstore.html

Weekends and around town I wear the clogs or my black Mary Jane Keens. Or the brown or navy shoes from above (cute shoes, gotta give them love :) )

Evenings out, I wear some of the work shoes or some really killer higher heels that I could never wear to work comfortably.

I know that is a lot of answers but the truth is I rarely wear just 1 pair in a day- I have too many different types of things to wear shoes to!

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little 4 year old munchkin Toby.
The butter melts out of habit, you know the toast isn't even warm. -Ani DiFranco

supercalifragilous
11-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I just replaced my everyday suede Danskos (I'll never get suede again - they got sooo dusty-dirty!) with a new pair in Cordovan Cabrio. Couldn't pass up the shoes.com sale coupled with the 20% LuckyMagReward rebate at the time!

Hands down, my favorite pair. No other clog compares to Dansko for me!

KBecks
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I have a pair of department store brand slip on flat clogs that are the least chunky, sleekest looking clogs I could find. For me that's what I'm happiest with. My last pair were too clunky, IMO and I wanted something not so big.

I'm also considering a pair of Sketchers slip on tennis shoes (clog style) but they are kind of expensive. I think they would be great for errands and going to/from the gym.

mom to little e
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I live in my black Mary Jane Keens. I may be geeky but I like to wear them with socks. Comfy and I get a lot of compliments on them. Most importantly for me, they give me enough support so my low back doesn't hurt. I always used to go bare foot or wear just thin flip-flops, but now with the kiddos I'm on my feet all day long and my back hurts if I don't wear something. Keens are the perfect combination of support and comfort for me.

I'm combing REI outlet and Sierra Trading now searching for another brand/type everyday shoe to wear. My Keens edged out loving my Borns.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Maromy
11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I have been wearing Merrell mary janes that have a tiny heel or my Privo Soffrito sneakers. I miss wearing sandals!

Amy

DD 7-04