PDA

View Full Version : How's the sizing on Boden jackets for women?Also need color advice please! :)

R2sweetboys
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Has anyone bought any of the Boden jackets? I'm just curious about how they run size-wise. I'm about a size 8 US, so I was thinking about getting the Boden size 12. Sound right?

Also, I could use some advice on which color to get. I'm looking at the Washed Cord Trench and am debating between the brown and the "crush" color(a dark pink) Here's a link...
Brown
http://www.bodenusa.com/col.asp?styid=WE176&segname=Women&segid=6&gpname=Coats+%26+Jackets&desname=Washed+Cord+Trench&gpid=11&gen=1&col=BRN
Pink
http://www.bodenusa.com/col.asp?styid=WE176&segname=Women&segid=6&gpname=Coats+%26+Jackets&desname=Washed+Cord+Trench&gpid=11&gen=1&col=DPK

I like the contrast of the buttons on the pink one but obviously the brown is more practical. I like the turquoise too but I don't want to wait 9 weeks for it! Any opinions girls? Thank you!

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

sand82552
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
I am not sure on coat sizing, I have only bought tops, and that was a while ago because I am pregnant this year...too bad! LOL

I think the pink coat with the brown liner is just as versatile as the brown one. I find pink goes with soo much - ya know. So my vote is for that one.

aidansmommy
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
My sister bought that jacket in the turquoise and I love it!
I think if you're a size 8, the 12 would work for you.
I tried on my sister's jacket and it's a size 14 and it fits me well and I'm about a size 10, so their chart seems to be pretty true to size. And I really like the brown, but I agree the pink is beautiful and you'd probably be able to wear it with a lot.

Heidi
Mommy to Aidan 11/03 and Amelia 12/06

cvanbrunt
10-21-2007, 05:36 AM
I've got several coats and jackets from Boden, including a trench coat from last year. I'm also about 8 and the 12 fits very well.
-Carrie

R2sweetboys
10-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks everyone for the responses! I ended up ordering the pink in size UK 12. I'm SO excited! I'll post about the fit and details when I get it. :)

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03