PDA

View Full Version : Non-maternity tanks/camis like Glamourmom?

citymama
10-26-2007, 01:52 AM
For the last 2 years I've lived in my Glamourmom tanks. They've lasted amazingly considering I've worn them constantly! Now that DD has weaned herself, I feel a little strange wearing nursing tanks - it's time to put them away for (possible) future use. Now I'm on the search for equivalent, high-quality tanks for non-nursing moms! I even wrote to GM to see if they were considering it, but never heard back.

Any suggestions? I know Old Navy and Gap and others make tanks with built-in bras. But almost every tank I've bought prior to GM sort of fell apart after a couple months use - fabric and straps stretch or wear out and they're no longer attractive or comfy. I'm convinced these are typically made for single season use and not durability.

I'm really petite (XS - size 1 now post-nursing!) so I'm looking for a brand that doesn't run too big.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone has found high-quality, attractive and comfy tanks. Thanks in advance for your advice! :-)

jhrabosk
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I bought some from J Jill this year and I've been very satisfied. I generally steer clear of camis b/c a shelf bra doesn't cut it for me, but J Jill offers them with shelf bra or without. I wore them all summer and am still using them under low-cut sweaters so far this fall and they're really not showing any wear.

I believe that Boden is selling them now, too. Probably in some fun colors I would imagine.

brittone2
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
This might not be what you are looking for, but I like my Corsierre tanks. They are still nursing tanks, but no strap hooks. They are nice and thick material wise. They don't have a thin spaghetti type strap, so it might not be what you want.

I like the seaming and they kind of look yoga-esque. I'm pretty petite too, but I like that they hold in my mummy tummy a lil bit ;)

The only thing w/ the seaming that I don't like is with thinner tees, etc. you see the seaming through the tee. With sweaters, etc. it is not really an issue.

So yeah, they are a nursing tank, but not a typical one. Probably not what you are looking for but I thought I'd mention it in the off chance it would suit your needs.