PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Tights, HELP ME!

alleyoop
10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
What is the deal with Opaque tights making my skirts ride up? I HATE THAT! What tights are everyone wearing that don't catch/stick/static cling, etc to their skirts? Even if I wear a slip, there is always that edge that catches. I mean, look at the Boden Catalogue... HOW ARE THEY DOING THAT??

Ugh!

kozachka
10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Have you tried using anti-static spray?

alleyoop
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Good Question! I have, but it doesn't really help. I think that the problem is that it is knit to knit, so they don't slide against each other. Like... the slip slides against the tights, but when it hits the 2inches of exposed corduroy that is seamed up then I am in trouble! KWIM?

alleyoop
10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Like this style:

http://www.bodenusa.com/col.asp?segname=Women&styid=WH092&segid=6&gpname=Dresses&desname=Knitted+Colourblock+Dress&gpid=6&gen=1

The dress isn't lined, I guess I have to wear a slip, but what kind of special fiber tights is she wearing so that her dress doesn't ride up?

katydid1971
11-01-2007, 11:35 AM
What you need is a personal stylist to walk behind you and pull your skirt down every 30 seconds when it starts to ride up. ;)
HTH
sarah

aliceinwonderland
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Hmph...I wear tights and skirts each and every single day and have never had this problem?? My skirts are all materials, but mostly wool and lined.

ETA that i can see where it would happen with a thinner material...I really have found no answer to that, sorry :(

leeza
11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I have to say I have no cure - but I ALWAYS have that problem with tights -- denim skirt, knit jersey skirt, corduroy, velveteen... pretty much anything but a silk charmeuse has a strong potential to stick to the tights and ride up, and the thin margin of skirt below a slip makes the slip worthless at stopping it. Hope someone has the answer! :)

Leeza

lovin2shop
11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I've found that the higher the content of Lycra in the tights, the less they stick to your skirt. It makes them more slippery against the fabric. The only tights I've bought in awhile are maternity, so I don't remember any brands to recommend. I think that the Spanx tights might have a higher lycra content, but I'm not certain. Maybe someone can else can chime in with a recommendation.

leeza
11-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I like that idea logically -- unfortunately I've tried Spanx tights and had the same ride-up issues, though I haven't recently tried other tights, so I can't say if it's slightly better or not. (The spanx tights feel pretty cottony to the touch.)

Leeza