PDA

View Full Version : Update:Thinking of getting some Dansko clogs

MamaMolly
11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
************************************************** ********************************************
So yesterday I tried the Bass brand in the same style today I went to LL bean and tried thiers. No dice! Both were way too tight on my instep. I've got really high arches. I also noodled around in the mall stores and tried all kinds of shoes, and I keep going back to the Dansko clogs.

So now, what are your thoughts on color? I really am waffling between the Hickory and the black oiled. Suggestions?

TIA!

...and I'm not sure if I want to be talked out of or into it! :P I can't decide if they are cute in a clunky sort of way or if they are fugly comfy.
Anyway, is it worth the $100 price tag? And do I want the 'hickory' blackish brown or the plain black?
Advice? Suggestions? Alternatives?
TIA,
Molly

aidansmommy
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I have 2 pairs (black leather and chocolate suede) and I absolutely love them and I think they are definitely worth the price. I have never found a more comfortable shoe. They aren't dressy at all but I think they look cute with jeans and a nice sweater.

Heidi
Mommy to Aidan 11/03 and Amelia 12/06

Twoboos
11-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I am considering the same thing! I was wondering if anyone has the LLBean Comfort Clogs to compare to? The price is better and I've found other LLBean shoes to be pretty comfy (moreso than LandsEnd, imo).

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=38984&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&&feat=pprv

jerigirl
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
They are definitely worth the price tag!!! I have 2 pairs of the "professional" style and love them! I worked in the operating room before my son was born and wore my Danskos every day for 8-12 hours a day. For the clog styles, I recommend trying them on in person before you buy. The fit is a bit different than most other shoes, and since they are handmade, I have found that even though 2 shoes come as a pair, one can fit tighter than the other. When I bought my second pair I had the sales associate bring out several pairs in the same size so I could find 2 shoes that felt comfortable together. I think you will love them.

You can search for Dansko in this forum and see what others have said. There has been discussion about them in the last few months.

jeri

galvjen
11-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I have 3 pairs of Dansko sandals and 1 pair of mary jane-ish shoes (Moxie is the style name, I think). They're the most comfortable things in my closet. I turn to them time and time again. Every time I wear something else and spend a long time on my feet, I wish I had on my Danskos!

They're worth every penny.

MamaMolly
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
I tried on the Bass knockoffs today, and in the 3 pairs I tried, there was 1 right shoe too big, and all the left shoes and other right shoes were super tight.

I tried the Dansko with socks and the Bass with stockings. I plan to try the LLBeans tomorrow, and I'll update with feedback. Thanks for the suggestion!
Molly

VClute
11-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I have several pairs of Danskos. Two for work (they're white), and four for every day. I have the professional in brown suede, black polished and oxblood polished. The oxblood go with EVERYTHING and I wear those the most, with black coming in second. The fourth pair of "every day" Danskos I have is a brown suede slide number that just aren't as comfy as the clogs with the closed back.

Another pair of clogs that I have though is the Hanna Andersson leopard print. I get compliments on those every time I wear them. While they're not closed back, they're wood, and I feel like I can get away sockless in those more than the Danskos.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and Abigail Rose, born 4/7/07

supercalifragilous
11-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I scored a pair of Dansko Professional clogs in Cordovan Cabrio (dk burgundy) from Shoes.com during a recent sale and then got a 20% cashback rebate thru LuckyMagRewards, so in total I think I paid around $80. I've seen good deals on eBay too, but I'd gladly pay $120 for them.

These are actually my second pair of Danskos - my first ones are the bluestone suede and they got D-I-R-T-Y!!! They now look beige and everyone thinks they started out lime green... I will NEVER buy suede everyday shoes again. Nothing lasts like the leather.

I love the shiny/oiled look of the cabrio. A friend has a black pair she's had forever and they look beautifully burnished.

They are the most comfortable pair I own (and I even tried some really nice Born clogs), both in the rocker motion and stability. I can go a whole day @ Disneyland with these without my feet hurting but not in my favorite Nikes. They ROCK! (literally)

table4three
11-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I've been wearing them regularly for 8 years now. Definitely worth the money IMO. I have a pair of brown and a pair of black. So comfy! :)

ctmom
11-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I recently spotted some at TJMaxx. As much as I wanted to get them, they just weren't comfortable for me. They were probably a past season style and I think around $40...

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

Twoboos
11-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Can I tell you how fast I threw DD2 into the car and hustled to my nearest TJ's when I read this? :-) Sadly, it's a small one and they didn't have any. But now I am planning my weekend errands around a couple more!!

I think I have the high-arch problem so I definitely need to try before I buy.

lisaxiii
11-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I love my Dansko clogs! True, they're not the most fashionable, but they are kind of cool looking, I think. I usually wear wide width shoes, but I am able to wear some of the Dansko styles with no problem. eBay is a great way to try them out. You can get some good deals there.

Lisa