PDA

View Full Version : Dansko shoes...fit question

cmyk
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I know alot of moms here have the Professional clog. I just got my first pair, and I'm unsure if they are too large. I know the heel is supposed to go up and down, and the fit isn't really snug, but how much room should there be in the back? If I push my foot forward, I can stick a thumb in the back of the shoe. I can also shake my foot out (on purpose, doesn't happen accidentally). I tried a size smaller but my toes kept hitting the front of the shoe.

Thanks!
Shelley

jerigirl
11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
If in the size smaller your toes were hitting the front of the shoe, you are probably in the correct size. If I push my foot forward in my shoes, I can't quite get my thumb in there, but I do have some room. The action should almost be like when you wear flip flops, but you definitely don't want to be stepping on the back of the shoe either. The fit is loose, but not so loose that you are stepping out of the shoe or they are falling off. They do take some getting used to. Where did you buy from? Maybe you could talk to the sales associate again just for reassurance. If you purchased online, maybe you could take them to a store that sells Danskos and just have someone check them for you. If you really think that they are too big, maybe try adding an insert (like Dr. Scholl's or something) to make the shoe fit a bit more snuggly across the top of your foot. Good Luck!

Jeri

Tondi G
11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
My mom sold Dansko shoes for many years and they really should feel like an open backed clog when they are on your feet. They are not supposed to be snug and you shouldn't be bumping the front of the shoe with your toes, so it sounds like you are in the correct size. Some people just take a little while getting used to the fit... and then they don't feel comfy in anything else! :)

Enjoy your Danskos!

mom_hanna
11-20-2007, 10:03 AM
It sounds a lot like when I first tried them on. They just felt too big. I returned them and got my size in narrow, and they fit great. My heel comes up but it doesn't feel like they are going to fall off my feet. If you order from Zappos, you can try the narrows and just return them if they don't feel right and since shipping/returns are free, you won't be out any money. HTH.

Jennifer`

oneplustwo
11-20-2007, 08:53 PM
How does the rest of the clog fit around your foot? When I first tried on the regular pro, my foot was just swimming in it. One size down from that only had my toes banging at the front. But the narrow fits me perfectly, with the vamp fitting close but not tight around my foot. Even in the narrow, there is a significant gap at my heel; I can almost get my thumb in there. But the clog doesn't feel loose and I feel comfortable walking in it. As the PP said, you might want to try a narrow to see how that feels. I know others who have put in their own insoles to make the clogs fit better, so that's another idea to consider.

Good luck!