PDA

View Full Version : So what boots have you bought this fall that you love?

aidansmommy
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm still on my hunt for the right boots for fall and I'm hoping someone here can suggest a great pair for me.
First, I need comfy shoes. Brands I wear are Dansko, Clarks, Born, Sofft, Merrell, etc. I'm seeing so many tall boots out this year but at the moment I don't own a single fall skirt or dress so I think ankle boots might be best for pants and jeans. They don't need to be dressy...I'm either teaching kindergartners and 1st graders or I'm home with my own kids but I'd like to look nice and pulled together at work or out running errands or maybe out to a casual dinner (think nice sweater, stylish boots, and bootcut jeans or pants). I want a medium heel--maybe 2-3 inches? If I could find a great pair I'd love to get one in both brown and black.
Please help me end my search!

Heidi
Mommy to Aidan 11/03 and Amelia 12/06

oneplustwo
11-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm afraid I haven't been looking at ankle boots so I can't give any suggestions in that category, but if you like Dansko take a look at the Dansko Risa boots. They are gorgeous, come in leather or suede (black or deep brown) and are so comfy -- not as comfy as the clogs, but still extremely comfortable. I bought them at Zappos after price matching the brown suede ones at QVC, and I'm in love. They work really well with pants and jeans. Dansko also has an ankle boot (you can find it on Zappos) that looked nice, so maybe that would do the trick.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with!

bubbaray
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I was going to order the Risa boots today in the calf leather, but couldn't decide on color -- the price on Zappos was $224. But, when I saw your post about the brown suede on QVC for 50% off that ($112.50), that sealed the deal for me! Zappos price adjusted and with their 110% price matching and free overnight shipping, it came to $113.12, cheaper than the QVC price (which d/n include shipping, at $7.97).

I was going to get the leather Risas and hope that Santa brought me some suede Uggs.... I think this might be a better way for me to ease into the Dansko club. And, the price is great!! :)

To the OP, another boot that looks promising is the Merrell Plaza Peak. Now, if only I could find that at 50% off, LOL!

Thanks!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

oneplustwo
11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Ha, ha, that was like me! I really wanted the black calf but couldn't pass up the price of the brown suede once PMed to QVC, and now that I have them, I love them. They are DH's Christmas present to me, I told him -- I'll give him the box to wrap up. :)

You're welcome -- hope you love them!

amandabea
11-22-2007, 11:36 AM
how do you price match on Zappos?

bubbaray
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Call them, tell them what the product SKU is on Zappos, their price, then ask them to PM -- give them the name of the competitors website, the competitors SKU, that price. They put you on hold (for a while -- with my PM on the boots, they actually called QVC) and then they PM with an adjustment for shipping (b/c theirs is free) and give you a further discount of 10% off the difference.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

amandabea
11-22-2007, 01:02 PM
great, thanks!

tylersmama
11-24-2007, 12:00 AM
I bought the Risa boots and liked them (they were SO comfortable) but actually returned them when I found a pair of Born boots that I LOVED (the Risa boots just weren't quite stylish enough). They are a medium heel and super comfortable. I've gotten a ton of compliments on them and they're actually starting to replace my Dansko shoes as my everyday shoe. Here they are: http://www.bornshoes.com/item.asp?ItemID=W3449

aidansmommy
11-24-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm so excited to hear you love those Born boots because that's the same pair I just ordered!! They look really stylish (online anyway, never seen them IRL yet) and I'm so glad to hear that they're comfortable too. That's saying a lot if you wear them instead of your Danskos because those are what I always choose when I need to be completely comfy. I'll let you know how they work out when they get here!

Heidi
Mommy to Aidan 11/03 and Amelia 12/06

fuzzy
11-24-2007, 08:26 PM
I just bought these from Zappos.
http://www.zappos.com/images/734/7343539/6219-470626-d.jpg
They are La Canadienne Felicia, and they are rated very highly. I'm 6 months pregnant so I need something comfortable yet casually stylish. Hope this helps!

kozachka
03-11-2008, 05:53 AM
For those of you who liked the look of Born boots but not the price, here's a chance to buy them on sale at Garnet Hill http://tinyurl.com/2gc26. I added a $2 filler and used $20 off $100 coupon M7KS132 posted by Canada in the Bargains Alert forum. Total with shipping came out to be $90.95 for me.