PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using two 900 MHz monitors?

anasmum
09-12-2000, 09:19 AM
We have a Fisher Price 900 MHz monitor that we are fairly satisfied with, although it's not perfect. Our child is a great sleeper, though, and I'm a terrible one so I wake up if the power goes off and can unplug the AC cord to get it to function on the battery.

We're expecting our second child, though, and since my first still stays in bed until we come to get her, I'm unwilling (okay, I'm just not ready) to give up having a monitor in her room. Does anyone know if it's possible to run two 900 MHz monitors without the two scrambling each other's signals? We are looking at the First Years "Crisp and Clear Plus" (which gets the recommendation in Baby Bargains). Any thoughts on this monitor?

We had originally bought the FP "Sound and Lights" model and found it to be terrible and full of interference --plus the ac cord had a short. I wouldn't have bought another FP again but our old monitor bit the dust while we were on vacation and we bought the new one out of a limited local supply. Is it worse to mix brands, in terms of interference?

TIA, Barb

alandenisefields
09-12-2000, 09:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-00 AT 08:28AM (Mountain)[p]Barb: Good question. I guess I would NOT use two monitors of the same brand, since they usually operate on a similar frequency and you have a chance of interference. Instead, pick another brand (try Graco's monitor, etc). And, as always with monitor purchases, KEEP THE RECEIPT! And buy it from a place that has a no-hassle return policy (Target, etc).

Let us know what you find,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS
Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com. Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

mimi
01-10-2001, 11:42 AM
I am using an intercom system from Novi that allows you to monitor several rooms. My only complaint is that it has a lot of "white noise" so at night I just place it inside my nightstand drawer. I have an older model...maybe the new ones are better.

Marimar
01-19-2001, 03:23 AM
I am very interested in the Novi intercome system you are talking about. Did a google.com search, but no hits. Could you forward me/post any information on the system, including where to purchase?

TIA!

Marimar