PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts on The Diaper Champ from Baby Trend?

reillyjg
09-27-2000, 10:49 AM
Hello,

Does anyone have any feedback on The Diaper Champ from Baby Trend? I've only recently seen it available at a local store and didn't know how it compared the Diaper Genie.

Thank you in advance,

Jill

alandenisefields
09-27-2000, 06:01 PM
The feedback we get is that it is OK (average quality), but folks seem to like the Diaper Genie better.

Any other thoughts?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BRIDAL BARGAINS * BRIDALGOWN.COM * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE * BABY BARGAINS
Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com. Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

Sabba
10-04-2000, 07:57 AM
Hi Jill,

We use the Diaper Champ and are very pleased with it (now 4 months old). It is very easy to dispose of diapers and any size garbage bag will do (great for dads). However, it is not 100% smell-proof ... I'd recommend disposing of poopy diapers immediately. I don't know of any diaper pails that don't smell though ... lots of friends and family have the Diaper Genie and I think the Diaper Champ is better at keeping the smells away. Good luck.

balessingo
10-05-2000, 04:26 AM
Jill,
We use the Diaper Genie at home and LOVE it. My mom uses the Diaper Champ (our 5 month old spends a couple days a week there, usually) and it works okay, but not as well as the Genie. If you've never shopped at www.babystyle.com, I would suggest going there and buying the Genie, and stocking up on refills. They run promotions for new customers, ($20 off $50 right now, I think)- I took advantage of one of these promos and wound up paying $.75 apiece for the refills- instead of $5! Good Luck!

Corey
10-11-2000, 11:07 PM
We had a Diaper Genie and hated it. Having to buy their refills was a pain and it seemed to us to be a waste of plastic. We gave it away to a friend and bought a Diaper Champ. We like it much better. We change the bag once a week, using only the bags that we decide to put in there (grocery bag or garbage bag or a bag from the local store). We haven't noticed a smell or anything like that. Just a lot more convenient for us.

twinmom
12-19-2000, 10:59 PM
We strongly prefer the Diaper Champ to the Diaper Genie.

When our twins were born, we purchased a Diaper Champ and sent away to the Playtex company for a free Diaper Genie, since we needed something for the second floor of our house. (I do hate to say anything negative about the Diaper Genie, as the company is so nice to parents of multiples. Then again, I suppose that parents of multiples end up being their best customers by buying tons of refills!)

We found that the Diaper Genie smelled more, and it went through the expensive refills like crazy. The Diaper Champ holds more diapers, does not smell, and uses cheap garbage bags. We actually like it so much that we bought a second Diaper Champ and gave the Diaper Genie to Goodwill.

joodyjr
01-28-2001, 11:46 AM
I've been using the Diaper Genie for about 4 months now.. and although it is a nice little invention, I have to say I'm pretty much ready to sell it on ebay. The refills are a bit pricey when you consider how much of the bag is wasted during the twisting... just to see, we emptied the genie and let it untwist itself, almost half of it was unused once the diapers fell to the bottom. I'm breastfeeding so messy diapers don't have an odor anyway. I'm going to look into a nice decorative trash can with a lid instead. don't know much about the champ, but sounds like a better alternative to genie since you don't have to buy refills.

poofgirl
02-06-2001, 11:10 PM
I've heard good things about the Diaper Champ. It's cheaper, no refills and it's also compatible with cloth diapers.

lisal
02-13-2001, 11:51 AM
I was all set to go purchase the Genie, but a neighbor of mine went on and ON about the convenience, and their preference to the Champ!!. their son is 7 months old, and they had not had any problems with odor, with emptying it weekly.
Just lately, however, they are concerned that the seal was broken, because they were noticing a smell. come to find out, they forgot to put a trash liner in!

Neighbors reccommend using the "ruffies" trash bag liners, because they are slightly scented, so if any smell does escape, it is masked.

I took their advice and purchased one. Baby is due March 1, so I can't boast on its performance. however, the convenience of trash bags, vs liners is a big improvement and was wery appealing to me.

kk
02-15-2001, 07:38 PM
We love the Champ. I suggest using the new anti-odor trash bags by Glad with the Champ. We don't have any problems with smells. With super-stinky diapers, i wrap them in a plastic grocery bag first. Good luck.

joodyjr
03-21-2001, 11:09 PM
I would like to update on my experiences with our Diaper Genie as things have changed a bit since my last post.
Now that my son has started to eat baby food, his stool is getting a bit more "stinky" shall we say..
I am now quite thankful for my Diaper Genie. The only time I notice any odor is when I open it to throw away a diaper.
I will be hanging onto my Diaper Genie for a bit longer I think!

peg
03-24-2001, 10:52 PM
Heard the Champ didn't handle odors very well. I really like the Genie and have used it for over 21 months. It contains odors very well, as you can tell as soon as you open it to empty it (PU!). Tip: I keep a large can of lysol (powder scent) on the changing table and spray on top of a soiled diaper before twisting the bag. Also spray the inside well after each time i empty the Genie. Not necessary to keep room smelling nice, but helps with the odor while changing the liners or emptying the full genie.