PDA

View Full Version : Cloth vs. vinyl for high chairs

future_mommie
03-07-2001, 09:35 AM
I've noticed that many of the high chairs out there now have cloth seats instead of vinyl. Is this a cleaning nightmare? Why are they all going with cloth now? I've been looking at the Chicco and Peg, but am concerned about tray height. TIA for your response.

Heather EDD 6/15/01

alandenisefields
03-07-2001, 04:07 PM
Hi Heather: Yes, I'd go with vinyl instead of cloth. I don't think all the high chair makers are switching to cloth; just a few offering it is an option.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

JakesMom
03-11-2001, 02:40 AM
We got the Peg Primma Pappa, and man, am I glad it's vinyl! You can take the whole cover off and nearly hose the thing down. I can't imagine what a cloth seat would end up looking like.

A nice feature of the Peg (IMHO) is that nice big comfy seat that also reclines.... often if I'm working and Jake's still up, I can just pull his high chair up next to my desk, recline the seat a little and give him his last bottle right here. He can sip his milk and nap until I can put him down.

- Jodi

dyenamic
05-13-2001, 10:00 AM
I have a Graco highchair with a cloth cover that I really like, however it also has a vinyl pad underneath. The cloth cover comes off easily and I can just throw it in the wash once a week. The only drawback is that food does fall down in the crevices, so I have to check for stray food on the vinyl cover.