PDA

View Full Version : Baby Album?

cabote
03-23-2001, 11:06 AM
Anyone have ideas about a good website for baby albums (not just for photos-but documenting 1st year)? I have looked at Hallmark and all other card companies that I can think of. I have also checked out CRGibson.com. There is very little choice at these sites. I am not into the "cutsie" covers with registered characters (ie., Disney, John Lennon, B. Potter...). I want a classic cover that is simple. Any suggestions?

sallen
03-26-2001, 04:13 PM
I bought a beautiful, classic baby album through "Creative Memories." I went to a home class and learned how to scrapbook safely (i.e. with acid free and lignin free materials and tape so as not to hurt your ultra-sound pictures and other precious pictures!!). But you can just buy their products without the class. You can see some of their products on their website at creativememories.com
Once you are on the site, click on "albums" and then click on "baby." Also click on the "coordinating products" to see all of the cool things they have! I go here all the time to buy new things - and my baby isn't even due until June!!
My consultant sends these products all over the U-S - her name is Mrs. Sara Davenport at 865-384-8725. She mailed my sister a wedding album in just 2 days!
Anyway, hope this helps! I know what you're feeling about finding a quality, not tacky album. Good luck!
-Susan Allen

Kate McDaniel
03-26-2001, 07:25 PM
I have a Creative Memories album too - and it's GREAT!! It's very high quality, without animated characters, and many pages are already designed. (With titles like "My first day home" and others that make it easy to place pictures you've taken.) You can also get plain pages with just a little border - blue or pink - in a nice, subtle design. It's such a great album, and I get so many complements on it. Many new mothers want a higher quality/less tacky album then those you'll find in regular store - and so many of them have now bought CM albums! I can't say enough for mine!

vicki3306
03-29-2001, 12:38 AM
Hi! I just went through amazon.com and went through their baby journals and found 3 I liked very much (saw at certain stores before but then never saw them again)--one of them is called "A Baby's Journal", if I remember right, and it has that antiquey look to it. There are other modern looking ones, like one by a professional photographer which has little puppies all over it.

I also don't like cutesie albums and ordered 3 from Amazon, hopeing to use one of them for dd who is due end of April, and possibly pass the others along as gifts. Good Luck!

tmoon
04-19-2001, 10:56 AM
This might be a money saver for new moms out there. It's National Scrapbook Day on May 5th, and many people are offering discounts on albums and materials. I too do Creative Memories, and am getting a mini-baby album at 30 percent off! I went to creativememories.com to find a consultant near me - you just type in your zip code and local consultants phone numbers come up. Try it - for me it was worth it!!

jacquirapp
06-11-2001, 12:21 PM
I'm also planning on doing a Creative Memories baby journal... I love their stuff, and I'll probably host a class or two to try to get the book for free, along with all of the stickers and such that I will need.

Their book is great if you already scrapbook, but I can see how it wouldn't be if that's not your thing...

I think my SIL got one from Hallmark... she found it on eBay, if I'm not mistaken...