PDA

View Full Version : Portacribs

Rosamia
04-01-2001, 07:50 PM
I am looking for a portacrib other than the typical pack-n-play types. Does anyone know whether there is something out there that isn't so low to the floor? I find my 7 month old son doesn't sleep well in these things. Any suggestions?

alandenisefields
04-05-2001, 10:55 PM
Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards.

Delta and Evenflo both make small wooden cribs that can easily be folded down. They make a great second crib for grandma's house and they look like a regular wooden crib, just smaller. We've seen them in Babies R Us for about $100.

Hope that helps,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

TLC1994
05-17-2001, 01:58 PM
I'm interested in getting a crib for my mother's house (she'll be watching the baby 2-3 days a week and sometimes overnight). She doesn't really want to get a full-size crib, but is concerned that the baby will outgrow these smaller cribs a lot sooner.

Does anyone know the size/weight limit on these smaller cribs that are at Babies 'r Us (or elsewhere)?

Thanks!

julymom
06-05-2001, 11:03 AM
I finally settled on the Delta Porta Crib to use at my mother's house. It sells for $99 in most stores.

Here is the info that I found on it:
Size: 39 in. width x 25 in. depth x 41.5 in. height. Mattress included. Converts to bassinet in seconds. Side rail slides up and down for convenient access to change baby. Folds flat in a minute for travelling and storage. Natural finish.WEIGHT MAX IS 31 LBS.

Hope this helps.