PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sippy cup & utensils for baby?

Chevalier
04-02-2001, 06:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone had recommendations as to which cups or utensils are easier for baby to use, easier to clean, last longer, etc?

shandrin
04-23-2001, 04:20 PM
I like the playtex cups they have a silicone valve that is simple to clean and the cups themselves come in many different styles & sizes. They are very good at keeping the liquid from spilling and survive being tossed around.

Utensils, i have had great preformance from the gerber stainless steel ones with plastic handles, they last through several years of use and washes.:)

jiujiu
05-17-2001, 12:06 PM
Since I use Avent bottles, I have been using the new Avent no spill sippy tops. The 0-6 month (white) ones were great for transitioning. I don't particularly recommend the "Magic Cups." They're hard for my twin girls to hold. Now I use both the 0-6 (softer) and 6 month + tops (green) because I can keep track of whose cup is whose, how much they've had to drink, etc.

I have tried the Playtex and Maws sippy cups. I don't like the valves in either. The girls can't drink very well out of the Maws and it's a pain in the dishwasher because the bottom of the cup holds water. The Playtex with the screw on lids are a pain because I can't get the top to align with the handles properly.

My current faves are First Years Tumblemates no spill cups. The lids snap on and there are NO VALVES!! Thin plastic covers the spout and air hole. They work fine. Easy to clean. The same cups are marketed at Wal-Mart as part of their Parents Choice line (the bottom of the cups say that they're made by First Years).

As far as first utensils, I recommend the Sassy Less Mess spoons. The chunky curved handles are easy for our girls to hold and the spoon is sort of mesh in design so it holds food better. We're still working on that!

My pediatrician swears by the Gerber cups and there are coupons out there for those. I just haven't bothered because I hate valves. The Avent sippy tops are a pain because of all the pieces (3 each!) but I like being able to use them with my bottles and being able to put a lid on them. I really wish Avent would sell replacement soft round valves. My MIL lost a couple when she washed our dishes.

Sorry to ramble.

Jennifer