PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used the evenflo megasaucer?

stella
05-07-2001, 02:33 PM
I know the book advises against and now I'm trying to decide whether to return it. I'm looking for positive and negative experiences! The book's rationale is that walkers and stationary activity centers have been shown to cause developmental delay in crawling.
Thanks for any insight!

shandrin
05-11-2001, 10:24 AM
Don't have the megasaucer model but do have the ultra and have used the other more basic model by evenflo in the past with my other children.

I'll talk about the saucers first then walkers since i do not feel they are in the same group.

My children loved them, they are not intended as a babysitter and should only be used for short periods(not saying that is what YOU would do just that some do so i'll state it anyhow) i read this 'latest' opinion and find it to be just fluff neither of my last two kids were delayed in any way what so ever by using their saucers, my second child walked at 1 and now can almost climb a wall(no kidding, part monkey!) Many people i know use/used them and have had no concerns or problems. Although i feel walkers are a different breed my mother used oned one with me and i was fully walking at 9mths! so no delays there. If used as a spot to play for small periods of time i see no dangers to the childs development.

Walkers are another story they do pose a hazard from children falling and/or getting into things that they 'normally' would not be capable of getting into, these require much closer atttention and a total 'babyproofing' of the area that the child will be in, not to mention stairs must be blocked off.

So just my thoughts! i'd keep it, even my 2.5yo loves her brothers so many toys to play with! :)

jilldave
05-17-2001, 11:46 AM
I have a very basic hand me down exersaucer and I occasionally use it as well. My child is only 6 months old and she loves it. I would never "park" her in it for extended periods of time, but it is portable to take from room to room and she loves it outside as well. Sometimes I think she likes having a break from laying on the floor.

bodaya
06-04-2001, 01:59 PM
I was surprised to read in the Baby Bargains Book that this product is not recommended.

I received the Graco exersaucer as a shower gift from my boss and I must admit it's one of my son's favorite things. This exersaucer not only help strengthen his legs, it gives him hours of entertainment. He sits in it and plays with all the toys. He even enjoys watching TV in it. I recommend this product to anyone who has babies 6 months and older.

I don't believe the exersaucer causes developmental delays as my son is trying to walk, climb up stairs, enjoys standing up and crawling.