PDA

View Full Version : Pacifier Thermometers

carolinemcclintock
06-20-2001, 09:08 PM
Has anyone used or heard about these. I don't know which type to register for and one of my friends just told me about this type. I didn't read about it in Baby Bargains Book.

Geebee
06-21-2001, 09:02 AM
Someone gave me one of these as a gift (I didn't register for it), but I returned it. Two points: 1. If your baby won't suck on a pacifier, I don't see how she will suck on this thermometer. My child wouldn't suck on a pacifier or those pacifier medicine dispensers. 2. I don't see how this product could be useful very long.

I received one of those made-for-underarm thermometers as a gift. It is very quick and easy, it adjusts for the under arm temp, and it can be used for any age (even adults).

I hope that helps.

JanaM
07-17-2001, 05:07 PM
We tried a pacifier thermometer and found it to be utterly useless. Our son would cry when we put it in his mouth so we couldn't get an accurate temp. Also, he quite often had a stuffed nose and of course would have to open his mouth to breath (lived in England at the time and couldn't find a nasal aspirator to save my life, even the pharmacies didn't know what I was talking about). We found the underarm thermometer was the best.

Jana