PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price's Swing N' Meals

MilasMommy
06-26-2001, 04:33 PM
We live in NYC [i.e. we have a small apartment] and recently saw this item on a morning TV show. We visited friends with just a swing and my daughter loved it! We like the idea of this being a tranformational item i.e. swing to high chair to booster seat. Fisher Price's website doesn't say much. Does anyone have one, have experience with one or has Denise and Alan reviewed one?

alandenisefields
06-26-2001, 07:54 PM
Yes, that product is reviewed in the new 4th edition of BABY BARGAINS (purple cover) on page 276!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

MilasMommy
06-26-2001, 08:53 PM
I have your 3rd edition {green cover}; a wonderful resource! Can I find the review in your updates?

cabote
06-27-2001, 06:50 PM
I have the Swing-N-Meals and so does a friend of mine. We both really like it. It is not as large as typical high chairs and offers the dual functions. Therefore, you do not have to have two big pieces of plastic taking up space!

newmamma
08-26-2001, 09:14 AM
Hello! We live in NYC too! I am 6 months pregnant and trying to figure out a way to fit everything the baby will need into our one bedroom apartment! Did you end up getting the Swing N' Meals? How is it working out? I was wondering if you have any other suggestions for registering.

Thanks so much!

My email address is [email protected]

dfox
11-25-2001, 03:07 AM
I live in Manhattan and pregnant as well and it seems that the Swing N Meals would be a great thing. However, while I did register for it at Babies R Us, I'm concerned about quality. Today I went into a local baby shop and mentioned the product to the manager. He nearly gasped that we were considering it, though he didn't elaborate as to why. Since this is a product that is used constantly and for years, it's important to get something pretty sturdy and safe. It's lower in cost than either of the swing model or the high chair model we were originally considering. My guess is that if this notion takes off, the higher-end brands will make them too. In the meantime, I suppose I'll have to wait and see if it works out.

Has anyone used this product yet? What's the verdict?

LisaMom2Kailin
01-12-2002, 11:27 AM
We have the Swing N' Meals and have been very happy with it. Our daughter loves to swing and actually sleeps better in this than anywhere else right now because she has a cold. We haven't gotten to the stage of using it as a high chair yet, but we highly recommend the swing. We're short on space as well, living in an apartment, so the two-in-one feature really appealed to us...as did not having to buy a swing followed shortly thereafter by a highchair.

Since we bought this, the new portable swing (I think it's also F-P?) has come out, and that would be attractive to us too. Regular swings are all so big that it would be nice to be able to take a swing with us when we travel, or just go visit at other people's houses for an evening. We usually take our Soothing Bouncy Seat, but it isn't exactly the most convenient thing vis a vis portability either. It's lightweight, but cumbersome because it doesn't fold up. All in all, though, I think we've made the "right" purchases for us...the swing/high chair combo and the bouncy seat provide us with more than one place for our daughter to sit and play alone, and especially when added to the 3-D Activity Gym and just a blanket spread out on the floor.

The only negative thing I'd have to say is that the swing needs some kind of toy attachment ability; right now they don't have any and that would be a definite plus.

opus
03-18-2002, 11:23 PM
I have the Swing N' Meals, but will be returning it. The motor is soooo loud on the swing. Plus for some reason, despite new D cell batteries it doesn't swing more than an inch or two so, clearly something is wrong with the one I have.

In theory I liked the tow-for-one idea, but now that I've had it for a bit, I think I'd prefer a better swing (quieter, a place for a toy bar, locking wheels). I think I'll end up using a smaller item, feeding seat, versus the large high chair anyway. http://www.target.com/common/catalog/product.jhtml?prodid=95341&catnav=90049&navAction=push&navCount=4

Just my two cents.