PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the Fisher Price Direct Link Monitor?

Jenfed
07-16-2001, 12:11 PM
Haven't been able to find it...anyone have any suggestions?

big_dummy
07-17-2001, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw it at my local Babies R Us over the weekend, but it's not listed on the Babies R Us website. Is that model discontinued? I just checked the Fisher Price website and they don't show that model.

Good luck!
Kathy

Jenfed
07-17-2001, 12:40 PM
I e-mailed Fisher Price to ask them where I could find it. None of the website baby places have it. I'll see what FP responds. In the meantime, I hit e-bay and found a new one, so I might bid on it.

big_dummy
07-17-2001, 01:17 PM
The Babies R Us where I saw it (and I'm pretty sure that's the one I registered for) is located in Lansing, Illinois (708 area code). You could try information and call them to see if they'll ship it to you.

Let me know what you find out about it being discontinued. If that's the one I registered for, I should go pick out another one just in case.

Kathy

Jenfed
07-17-2001, 11:00 PM
I haven't heard back from FP yet...but I am getting a new FP Direct Link Monitor from Ebay. I will post what FP responds...if they ever do!

stivan1
08-09-2001, 07:16 PM
I too had a hard time finding this monitor, I was able to find it
at the Buy Buy Baby store. They stores are in New York/New Jersey. They also have a web site - www.buybuybaby.com

Good Luck

lbess
08-10-2001, 09:38 AM
They have it at my local Toys R Us (which seems to have more baby things in stock than Babies R Us, oddly enough).

Jenfed
08-10-2001, 09:57 AM
Thanks...I had ordered one on Ebay but it didn't work. I called the Buybuybaby in Garden City and they are putting one aside for me.

Thanks!
Jen

NanB
08-26-2001, 07:22 PM
I called FP and they said that the original Direct Link Privacy Monitor was discontinued as of June 1999, BUT they had a new Direct Link Privacy Monitor as of June 2000. The product number is 71592. The problem is, FP has not let any of its major retailers know about this! My BabiesRUS, ToysRUs, Target, etc. all say they haven't seen this monitor for at least 6 months and don't have any on order. When I relayed this info to FP, they were LESS than helpful, to say the least: "we can't do anything about that." I would really like this monitor since it is the only one to have a privacy scrambler, and I cannot locate any on ebay or any other website (including buybuybaby.com). Let me know if you hear of any other sightings!

Jenfed
08-26-2001, 08:15 PM
I bought mine at buybuybaby in Garden City, NY. They had a lot of them in stock.

Jen

NanB
08-28-2001, 07:16 AM
Thank you VERY much--I ordered it yesterday.

NanB

LisaH
10-04-2001, 01:26 PM
Sounds like alot of folks like the FP Direct Link Monitor. Why? I have never heard of it. Please let me know. I am about to return our FP Sound and Lights Monitor because it clicks and need a replacement, quick. I am considering the Evenflo Constant Care 4000, the Graco Ultra Clear or the Sony Sound Sensor. I would love any advice. We live in a large apartment complex so interference may be an issue. :) Thanks.

michele_o
10-05-2001, 03:24 PM
Lisa,

I am looking for the Direct Link because it is the only monitor I know of that scrambles the signal between the transmitter and receiver so your conversations can not be picked up on your neighbor's baby monitor or cordless phone. This seems like such an essential feature, so I'm surprised that it's not found in other monitors, and that the Direct Link is so hard to find in stores (at least in my area).

The monitors you picked out are all very popular. However, keep in mind that even well-made monitors can experience interference from cordless phones, tv's, and other home electronics (yours or your neighbors'), so what works in my house may not in yours. You may just have to try a few 'til you find one that works for you.

Hope this helps.

Michele
edd 12/25/01

LisaH
10-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Michele,

Thanks for the info. For the last two nights my FP Sound and Lights monitor has been working without a problem. I think that I will hold on to it for now. Good luck finding the Direct Link monitor. If I run into it I will post again.

Lisa